maintenance costs on 2005 G35?

Asked by Jan 10, 2014 at 02:20 PM about the 2005 INFINITI G35 Sedan RWD

We are looking at 78,000 mi 2005 g35. What kind of issues can I expect from that year
and what parts/systems may have been needed to replaced by now?

We used to own a 2003 g35 that I sold in '08, that I only serviced at the dealership.
Would it be realistic to have this one serviced at a regular mechanic shop and what
would be the criteria for picking one? I kept reading that you can get up to 200K with this
car if maintained properly- which I am not sure how to interpret...

Back then they used to have these 35K, 45K, etc, recommended checkups- is that still
the case? My newer car (Huyndai) has switched from those to regular oil changes and
checking on what's needed.

What kind of $$ can we expect to spend in yearly maintenance for this baby?

280,285 reliability-first-car-daily-driver.html

280,285 g35-335i-sports-coupe-coming-hyundai.html

Thank you Tom, I will look into those forums.

Ok I bought my 2003 G35 with about the same mileage (75k) and have had little to no major problems to speak of. The only thing that I would say is irregular on this car is the they tend to wear pretty fast (by fast I mean every 15k miles roughly). But you're buying yourself a pretty good car. I wouldn't worry. 78k miles is low low miles for that car! Mine is at 150 now and it still runs great! Just always use synthetic oil and run mid grade to premium gas in it - this engine needs it!

Best Answer Mark helpful

Also repair costs for this car are very cheap compared to other cars in its class...I own an Audi S4 now with no warranty so the Infiniti is sooo cheap looking back!

Ok and last - on this car as long as you use Mobil 1 oil and supreme gas - if it ain't broke......

Thank you Legibby! Where do you get yours serviced? Dealership, mechanic? My thinking is when you take it to the dealership- they would check things out. Mechanic- not so sure. It might be a woman speaking, since I've always taken it to the dealership. I just asked a bunch of ladies yesterday- they ALL service their cars at dealerships and when they didn't for some reason, they would pay for it later, but they also ALL drive cars under warranty, which would not be the case for us. thanks!!!

I completely disagree. Dealerships will rip you off more than ANYONE! You need to get on yelp and find yourself a respectable mechanic. Dealerships are ONLY for when the car is under warranty - otherwise they literally charge 2-3X as much!

Seriously - no idea where you live, but I would suggest looking up "good nissan mechanic (bc nissan IS Infiniti) your town, usa" and spend a good 30-45 minutes reading reviews. My father was a German car mechanic and he was honest - his work was as good or better than the dealership's and it cost the customer 1/3-1/2 of what a dealer would. Trust me on this! Not to mention I would trust ANYone to do a brake job - this is truly something that is hard to mess up....if you were to bring the G35 to get a brake job at a dealer it might be $2,000 because they will find all kinds of other things that really don't need to be changed and insist that you need to change them....but seriously the brake job alone for all 4 wheels would easily be 16-1700$, while a good mechanic might charge $450 for all 4 wheels. Another good strategy would be for you to order your own parts and bring them to a mechanic - this way he can only charge you labor....this is what I do and it saves me hundreds! So you can listen to your girlfriends who bring their cars to the dealer or you can find a good mechanic and thank me later when you realize how much money you save for the exact same work!

thanks Legibby for the tips on searching for a mechanic and changing brakes! I will start looking for a trustworthy mechanic pronto!