Fluttering/rattling reverberation noise! Pilot, throw out, input shaft bearing or something worse??

Asked by Nov 05, 2011 at 05:45 PM about the 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan

05' 6mt sedan - 62,300k stock

i recently started hearing a fluttering/rattling? sound coming from my car. at first i thought it was something loose under the hood or undercarriage but everything is visibly fine. i checked the belts, checked for loose screws or panels-nothing. after driving it on the highway and getting through all the gears i came to it being between the throw out, pilot or input shaft bearings. i've been looking on some forums and these are all known problems with the g's. pretty much its been said if the clutch is engaged (pedal down-being released) its the release bearing or throw out. if the car is idle or clutch is not being engaged (foot off the clutch) it'd point to the input shaft bearing or pilot.  
my thing is... since its gotten progressively worse in the two days since it started--the noise is rough all the time, especially while warming in neutral, sounds horrible in the lower gears/any rpm--engaged + acceleration AND re-engaged after cruising without acceleration or clutch.... almost 'sounds' like a fan or something catching wind and causing the reverb, fluttering noise?? under the hood   when it does let me listen..it sounds like its coming straight from the engine. ANY help would be appreciated.. i don't want to go to another BS certified mechanic who won't know or help... and theres no way i'm taking it to infiniti.

05 g35 6mt base. currently at 65,5k. no aftermarket additions. hey man. i replaced my clutch about a month ago (apx 62k) -- hearing EXACTLY the same kind of chattering/fluttering noise... as if a fan (thought it was the flywheel) or something was catching wind. at first the noise was significant when neutral-coasting.. but then would start up again whether disengaged or not. i took it to 2 certified mechanics who were just fighting for the work. one said the flywheel had to be machined and most likely clutch should be replaced (because essentially most of the $ is for the work of dropping the tranny n swapping everything out) the other said it was only the clutch that was burnt out...(which i still don't believe) and that the fly was perfectly fine. when i was looking for a resolve i came across a lot about the "throw out bearing" which is a cheap 5$ bearing that needs to be replaced whenever the clutch is exposed/changed... and the pilot bearing. both of these were completely rejected by the mechanics -- as the sole issue. so i ended up replacing my clutch, at fucking 62k, and haven't heard the noise until NOW. i know, 100% that i didn't burn my clutch, and from past experience ...driving it WILL make it worst. good thing for me its fuckin new years and i won't be able to go back to the mechanic for a few days. but i'll try and keep posted--likewise would be appreciated. btw dave.rodriguez2@gmail.com is my email

Did u ever find a solution to the problems mentioned above? Just wondering. Have an 01 crv makin the same kinda noise n dont want to have to replace unnecessary parts.