Buying a used infiniti

5

Asked by Oct 28, 2008 at 01:39 PM about the 2006 INFINITI M45 Sport RWD

I want to buy a used infiniti M45 sport with 44k miles. Do i need to get an extended warranty or am I wasting my money.
Private party wants 25000 for this vehicle.
Want all opinions - thanks a heap

Mark

65

Being someone who's worked around these cars and has driven one, its safe to say that it would be a waste of money for the extended warranty. As long as you get it checked over by a certified mechanic to make sure its in good health, you should be very safe with this car. Not only does it have an award winning VQ engine, but it has amazing build quality and fit and finish. The only POSSIBLE problem i could ever see occurring would have to be the tire pressure monitoring system, which needs to be calibrated every so often anyways. Although it is generally a very reliable car, I really recommend getting it checked over. $25000 for an 06 M45 seems slightly lower than the $30000 range they usually are around, but maybe you've just found yourself a great deal.

5

Thanks for the reply. I know the price seems low compared to the other listings. Seems to good to be true?

65

It could be, but asking them why they want to get rid of the car could be a good indication. If they just want to get rid of it as soon as possible, then its understandable that they would price it under the usual cost. I'm sure its just a very good deal. Be sure to do a VIN check on it though, just to be sure of its history.

5

Story on this car is: Turns out the guy selling it is kinda like a dealer as he tells it. I guess he buys and sells cars from his home as a living. Says he usually does MBZ but got this as his first infiniti deal. He indicates it came from a Mercedes Dealer who got it in a trade and does not sell any used cars but Mercedes. The dealer is called Fletcher Jones Motorcars who say they are the number one MBZ dealer in the USA. Anyway thanks again for your reply. I really want this car but don't want to get taken. I'll keep you posted on what happens.