Where can I find an expert on 68 firebirds to see if I should sell now or restore and sell

Asked by Mar 28, 2017 at 10:35 PM about the 1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe

79,485

I am not an expert on 68's but I owned a 67 and have owned a lot of collector cars. A full on professional restoration will cost more than you can get out of the car. Maybe your car just needs some freshening up. What condition, engine etc does your car have?

79,485

Prices on all cars are very high and in my opinion are probably at the top of the market. If the stock market goes down you will have missed out on the current price cycle.

70,905

Depends a lot on it's current condition and the market you're after. Some people, like me for example, prefer an original car. Restored to the condition that it was in 1968. Others like a modified race car type of restoration where the car may or may not have things like the original engine and transmission, painted a different color, big fat racing tires on the back, etc. It also depends on what's already been done with the car over the past 49 years. It may even not be a candidate for restoration. If it's a rusted out hulk, disassembled, parts missing, etc. Most people don't restore a car to turn a profit. It's a labor of love, or desire to have a piece of the past, or a cool modified car unlike anyone else's. Those who do "restore" a car for profit usually do a poor job. Body filler, cheap paint jobs, non-original "upgrades", engines, etc. The bottom line is you have to make that call. Is this a car that you had high hopes for but lost interest in? It happens. Or maybe you ran out of money? That happens a lot more than most people will admit. I've had several " project " cars over the years. One got totaled, and the rest just never materialised into anything more than an old daily driver. I did enjoy them very much while I had them though. HTH. -Jim