Why won't my passenger window go up

40

Asked by Jun 27, 2015 at 03:44 PM about the 2000 Ford Mustang GT

I have a 2000 mustang gt and my
passenger window will go down but
not up and I know it's not the switch
so is it the window motor?

17,280

When the window went down did it go down slow or normal speed ?

40

It will go down normal speed

17,280

How do you now its not the switch did you check with a test light ?

40

I put a switch on it that works and it did the same thing

17,280

If you no definitely that switch works then yes its your window motor.

40

It works on my drivers door and is it hard to replace that motor

17,280

Sounds like you may just have a loose wire going to the motor.

40

So what should I do to fix it

My window does the same thing. Goes down normal but not up. Try opening your door when you roll it up. Its probably just something stuck or jammed in there and not the motor.

40

Well when we hook power up to it it goes up fine but not when I use the switch

Did you try a new switch? You can buy them for like 5 bucks at a parts store.

40

Yea I tried the drivers door switch and it still didn't work

Ok the next thing i would do is take off your door panel and roll it up to see if its doing anything or bent etc. If it all looks good then either new motor or try pulling it up with the switch and door open.

40

How do I roll it up

Take the switch out of the door panel and plug it in. Does it even make any noise when you try to roll it up?

40

It goes down but not up

I know i mean when you try and roll it up does it make noise or does absolutely nothing?

40

Nothing

17,280

Remove door panel and check the connections going to window motor.

40

Where's the window motor located and how do you take the panel off

17,280

I hate to tell you this but if you have to ask you will be better having someone do it that has done it before.

40

The window motor works and the switch is good and I checked the fuse and it's good so what is it

17,280

Are hooking a power wire to the up wire on the window motor and it works ? Did you take the panel off and you can see the window motor ?

40

Yes I hooked the power to it and the window works and how come the switch on the drivers side for the passenger window don't work

17,280

Because like I said the first time you need to check the connections to the window motor itself. You have a loose wire going to window motor.

40

Ok once we take the door panel off will we be able to see the motor

17,280

That is correct

40

There were no loose wires so is there a bad wire somewhere cause the switch on the drivers side that goes to the passenger window doesn't ever work at all

17,280

If you put power to it and it works and the switch works you have a loose wire somewhere.

40

But where at cause the ones that lead to the motor aren't loose

17,280

Do you have a test light ? You need this to check for power at the switch and motor to determine with wire is or is not getting power.

40

Yea I can get one and if I find one that isn't getting power them what do I do

17,280

Ok Josh let me ask this question does your vehicle just has two windows or four ?

Shoulda bought a Chevy. Damn fords lol mustang has 2

40

It has two and it's a really nice car just stupid window lol

17,280

Ok then. First try this take a real close look at the main window switchs on the drivers side do you see a button or switch that says window lock ? Also did you replace the switch on the drivers side that goes to the passengers window

17,280

Or just switch to passengers side switch ?

40

No I don't see that button and I used a that same button on the drivers window and it worked but when I put it back on the passenger window it doesn't

40

I didn't replace any of them because I got one that was working and put on and the passenger window still would not go up

40

The switch on the drivers door for the passenger window doesn't go down or up but the switch on the passenger door will go down but not up

17,280

Will the switch that you got and tried on the passenger side work on the drivers side ? If so try it and see what happens.

40

Yea it works for the drivers window but not the passenger

17,280

You are not getting power to the passenger switch from the drivers side window switch panel. Try this while holding the button in the up position to the passenger side window on the drivers side wiggle and giggle the wires around going into the switchs and see if it starts working. May be a loose wire going to the switch.

40

Is that causing the switch on my passenger side to only go down not up

17,280

Yes it is those two are connected to each other no power continuing from switch from drivers side to switch to passenger side.

17,280

With out being there I do not think there is anything else I can do to help you. I do no you are not getting any power to that switch has to be a power wire going to the switch has become loose or disconnected or a ground wire not getting a good ground. Which door panel did you take off the drivers side or the passenger side ? If passenger side you need to take off the drivers side panel that is were all the main wires are maybe able to see something once you get it off.

40

I took the passenger and how come the switch on the drivers door for the passenger window doesn't work at all but the switch on the passenger door goes down but not up

17,280

Like I said before Josh its not the switch there is no power going to the switch for some reason and not actually being there I just do not know what else to tell you. I know you have to figure out why there is no power going to that switch. Chasing electrical problems is a headache I know that much.

Hold your passenger window button down and have some one else slowly open the door if it starts rolling up the wire from the driver side is grounding out and needs to be replaced for the passenger side to work to roll up

Im having trouble with mine to its the passenger side it goes down but not up Wat can i do to roll the window up its the switch because when i push the down button it goes down when I push the top button it won't work.

I am having same issue i replaced entire door and same thing, drivers side switch for passengers window nothing , passenger side switch will go down but not up, im at a loss

The only thing i can think of is that possible that passenger side gets power down independently in case of emergency situation, and power to go up comes from drivers side , so no powet at all on driver side and only power to go down on passenger side.......

Yes i was right.just wiggled drivers side harness in the door jam and poof passenger window worked.... To fix repair or replace driver side harness

17,280

If you check back on all the answers i recommend you wiggle and giggle the wires going to the switch four months ago.

Im sorry but wiggle and jiggle is not a fix, it is a broad answer that obviously did not seem to fix anyone's problem, if you look back at my post just written today ypu will se i provided an actual answer to our problem, this is why i dont join many forums, some genius always has a broad or irrelevant answer, thanx, no thanx, have a nice day ;)

17,280

Of course it is not a fix but a lest you would have like you just found out what the problem was to fix it four months ago. And you also have a nice day.

My 99 cobra 5-26-16 ...window went down...would not go up...took door panel loose, took my smallest ball peen hammer, holding switch on up position and then at this time, smacking the motor at the same time. Window came up...working fine all night....