Stero questions

Asked by Feb 06, 2016 at 12:33 AM about the 2004 INFINITI I35 4 Dr Luxury Sedan

I just purchased Infiniti  2004 i35 beautiful
car always wanted one my question is
stereo system sounds good of course better
on CD aux but I don't think that my
subwoofer is connected it's lacking some
power how would I know if its not hooked up  
and why do you think  it may not be if I just
bought the car?

19,765

Find a great independent stereo shop. If you lived in the LA area, I'd recommend one. Alpine Electronics or Bose are very good. Having a separate amplifier is highly desirable for more good clean power.

Yes OK but why wouldn't the factory sub woofer not be hooked up to my new car?

241,575

Ryder, hard for us to know why the subwoofer is not functional, it could be the wiring, or the subwoofer is damaged or disconnected because it was blown. Check the fuses as well. The car could have multiple owners in the past. Like Mark said, have someone look at the car if it goes beyond your expertise. Did you go back to the place you bought the car to see if they would make good on it?

20

I've owned an 01 Maxima and currently own an 04 I35 both with the same stereo, Bose 6 speaker with sub in the rear deck. Your amp is probably going bad. I had to replace the one in my Maxima. It was about $800. Try popping your trunk open and giving the magnet (big round bottom part of the actual subwoofer) a nice firm slap with your hand. If it kicks back on its your amp shorting out. This fixed the issue in my Max temporarily until it finally quit working entirely. I don't know why or what causes the issue but it's common in these early model Bose systems. When I bought my I35 through Carmax employee discount it did the same thing. Luckily it was under their 30 day guarantee and Carmax paid the $800 repair bill for me.