My sonata steering pulls to one side, then the other. When the steering wheel and tires are facing straight ahead, the right front tire is pointing outward. what could this be?

Asked by Sep 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM about the 2000 Hyundai Sonata V6 GLS FWD

Your front end AKA the steering is about to fail. And you will have an crash! Not a accident, a crash where you and others will be killed or seriously injured. I strongly recommend that you have it towed to a repair not drive it one more foot or meter.

Please calm down. I cannot believe you thought this Sonata was being "driven" anywhere. It hasnt left the driveway (or moved a "foot or meter") since the first time this happened, and may never be driven again, unless I can have it repaired 100%. I was under the impression, this site was for 'asking questions'. The steering is not about to fail.. it has failed. I am simply trying to determine if its the rack & pinion, or could it be some other steering parts, before I spend an unlimited amount of money buying the parts I may need or not need. Thanks anyway.

Bad tie rod,s end,s and lower and upper ball joint,s may need replacing all so.If steering is still powerd, and there are no leak,s in sterring pump or line,s,you just need to replace,what is mentioned above.

Check cv axel,s ,and have lined up.

Your question was worded in such a way that I was under the impression that you were happily driving around oblivious to the danger that you were putting

(Whoops) you and others in. A lot of ....... shall I say, uninformed people post here. I'm glad that you have the good sense to have parked the vehicle and are seeking help. Any good repair shop can diagnose and fix your problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice concerning my Sonata! I still have power steering, and have already put some new parts on the car, (like new ball joints,etc), and already know the tie rods, axels, kingpins, or control arm bushings, brake rotors, and the front end stuff is all good, and I can also rule out a leak in the steering,, or loose steering linkage, but I am afraid its the actual steering wheel. Anybody have any other ideas? thanks!

Thanks to BoholMark for the advice, also! Sorry about the confusion.