My 2000 has a new issue and it's cheaper asking for your opinions then it is to take it in

Asked by Nov 10, 2011 at 05:20 PM about the 2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Okay so my warning lights are still going on but something new has occured.....I was told that it was the alternator yesterday..I really dont think it is because the car is running perfect still(minus the stuff)..This morning I'm noticing my rear defroster isn't working so I'm like what now....Well  life goes on so I had to drive the car into a different town.....The lights didnt go on for like 45 minutes.....And then I was curious about the defroster so I push the button and it's back on....Not for long though and I'm hearing a clicking noise coming from the vent closest to my door when I push in this button....Not knowing anything about cars except that they cost mucho money when something goes wrong I turned off the heater....WaaLaa the warning lights go off with it.....So I'm like wait a minute and turn it back on and there are the warning lights again.....Does this sound like fuses too??...The burning smell is not as strong as it was yesterday....And where is anything to do with the rear defroster in this car?  

3,770

no it does sound to me like the alternator is getting weak,like you were told by whoever. the lights are coming on the dash because the car has less then 12 volts at the battery(which is charged by the alternator). this is a relatively simle thing to find out hough. take the car to just about any auto parts store and ask them to check the charging system on the car. most parts stores will do it for free,hoping youll buy their parts lol..if it i the alternator they may even be able to help you locate a reputable shop to do the repairs.assuming of course you wont do it yourself.as far as the defroster and clicking noise from the heater, im guessing the vehicle is just that low on power and will shut these things off first to conserve what it does have to make the car go