2001 hyundai elantra GLS rear drum brakes grinding

855

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 05:51 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I have a 2001 hyundai elantra GLS rear drum brakes grinding and every time I take it
out rear drum brakes grind, after leaving the car sit for a little, the rear brakes grind for
a while then it stops. the rear brakes feel like they grabbing and letting go, grabbing
and letting go, well it's grinding let it sit grinding is gone drive it 4 or 5 stops grinding
again grabbing and letting go, grabbing and letting go new brakes replaced 5 time in
two weeks no one knows why it's doing it?

New drums or machined surfaced? Could be wrong shoes, installed wrong or proportioning valve on master cylinder. You car has redundant brakes, a separate pressure feed for front and rear, that's what proportioning valve does, in case one of the stages on the master cylinder fails. Oversimplified explanation, but tossing guesses

18,810

Did you replace to rubber brake line that goes to the valve that separates and goes to each rear brake wheel cylinders.

18,810

Could be collapsing.

855

i had new drums , brakes cylinders brake lines replaced and grinds, if you put the bad brakes in grinding gone put the new once in grinding is back the dealership don't know why new brakes grind they tested everything all passed i know many people have the some problem but they never say what it was doing it. so i just had the whole rear end replace with all new part and the whole braking system replaced no grinding for a week on the highway had to stop the grinding all over again $3,000.00 dollars and the grinding came back after a week, car stops fine it's just that grinding and it's loud people outside can hear it had my wife stop the car and i was outside it sounds like the rear end going to come off or something like that.

855

some one told me it could be a plate that is be hide the drum when car stops the brake shoe might be moving and hitting the plate what plate no clue, or brake shoe is not staying in place i took drums off everything looks good i even got the book on the car everything looks right wish i could put a camera inside and see what is going on when i stop.

18,810

When they redo or look at your brakes are the brake shoes metal to metal on the drum ? Can you hear this grinding only when the brakes are applied or all the time.

18,810

Just got your answer to my questions.

855

100% asbestos free friction material brake shoes that's what it said on box before they put them on.

18,810

You can still answer one of my questions. Can you hear this grinding only when the brakes are applied or all the time or just gets worse when you apply your brakes ?

855

grinding only when i stop