my cam shaft sensor conector broke and cant figure out which wire goes where on a 02 sonata

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 04:31 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS

there are three wires coming to sensor  one white and two black on old connector new
one has different colors theres no order could be any one each way? 4cyl. 2.4

Most likely both the new and old connectors will have a clip on them to keep the plug secure to the sensor. Using that clip as a reference point hold the two plugs next to each other. Then, using butt connectors and shrink tubing, splice the new connector onto the wiring harness. Splice one wire at a time going from left to right or right to left. Whichever is more comfortable for you. HTH. -Jim

oh forgot to say that the wires were loose that broke off that connector, so there is no order coming from the back of the engine. Thats why i dont know the order i repeat all the wires are loose.

In that case your local Hyundai Dealer's service department may be able to give you a picture of which wire goes where. If not, maybe a google search for how to replace the cam sensor on your type of car will show you a picture of the connector being unplugged. Then you can reconnect the wires according to the picture. HTH. -Jim

Mo Tivator

The same happened to me, 2000 Hyundai sonata. I need a camshaft sensor connector, I've checked all the las vegas junk yards and cannot find one and auto part stores. Auto parts tell me I have to buy the whole harness kit for 1200.00

Mo, try HTH. -Jim

Mo Tivator

thanks Js08016...we contacted ordered the part.. BUT they just sent an email PART NOT AVAILBLE !!!...we are back to needing a Camshaft sensor connector for our 2000 sonata 2.4L ... Calling all Cargurus...please help this is a TOUGH one..thanks

You're welcome. Boy that stinks!! -Jim

Gio Zanecchia

Hi guys wanted to say that I ordered the part that was not available on Rock Auto from another seller and can confirm that it does work!! Made by Standard it is S1681 connector. I have a 2001 Hyundai Sonata 2.4

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know! It's always great to get an exact part number on a hard to find part! I'm sure this information will help others as well. -Jim