2003 tiburon loud squeaking sound when car turned espicially when turning the steering. stops after a few seconds. now the steering is tight and the battery and brake light are on as well. what can be

5

Asked by Nov 02, 2011 at 12:47 AM about the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Base

3,570

im gonna assume this is a v-6 motor and tell you to check the crank pulley. ive seen several of them where the rubber seperates and the squealing noise your hearing is the belt slipping on the crank pulley. if its a 4 cylinder check the alternator belt to be sure its tight

265

If it's the 2L motor then check the power steering fluid level and make sure the power steering belt is tight. But not too tight or else it will snap after a 1000 km or so. You might need to bleed the power steering by opening the reservoir and letting the car idle in neutral while you turn the steering wheel to both extreme ends till the noise goes away. Then replace cap.