AIRBAG

Asked by Feb 05, 2014 at 01:13 AM about the 2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS

WHAT SENSOR DO I NEED? THE AIRBAG LIGHT STAYED ON AND NOW IT DOESN'T COME ON AT ALL.

115

Are you talking about the air bag light on your display or on the dash board indicating passenger air-bags are on/off? It might have reset itself. Typically the display air bag light means you have a problem. The dash board indicator will tell you if the air bag system is activated or not for passengers. Here's my suggestion, an easy one, is to unhook your car battery terminals (positive and negative), turn the key like you are going to start it (it won't) and then hook the battery terminals back up. This should reset the onboard electronics and clear out any warnings/errors. If the light comes back on (and it's supposed to be off) then you have a system malfunction. My advice is don't mess with it yourself, go to a garage/dealership, as air bag systems can be extremely dangerous to work on/around.

110

I would agree with Andrew, but it is an awful expensive reperation. Another quick fix would be an airbag simulator, which senses that a person is always sitting in the seat, and therefore the airbag goes off in case of a crash. And the airbag lamp is off. It is much cheaper, and takes no time.

70

I'm having the same problem BT its my dash it has the airbag light on how would I fix it

50

If you call Hyundai directly at (800) 633-5151 and push one you will be connected to an operator who will be able to make a case for it. I just did and they will look into it as soon as there are enough calls. This can cause a recall and everything be done for free for us.

20

Pull the code of the air bag light via scanner. The problem could be a bad seat belt, weight sensor, impact sensor etc etc... once you have the code then fixing it is easy.