My 2003 Hundai Elantra with automatic transmission turns over but will not start.

Asked by May 28, 2015 at 12:28 PM about the 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS

While driving the engine died as if it lost fuel. I restarted the engine and drove for about
5 minutes and the engine died again. Tried to state the car again and the engine turns
over fine but will not start. I replaced the crankcase position sensor and fuel pump,
checked all four spark plugs wires and they have spark. I used a stethoscope and the
four injectors are are ticking as if working. Does anyone have a solution other than
putting the car out to pasture.

39,795

I would start by getting a pressure tester and put it on the schrader valve and see what you have for fuel pressure. You may have a bad regulator. You may want to spray some starting fluid into your intake. If she fires up for a few seconds, that will tell you that you have a fuel issue. Have you listened to see if you can hear the fuel pump hum if someone turns the key yet? Start checking relays. Check you owners manual for an ASD relay. Auto Shut Down. It may just be a lack of power to the pump.

885

check the fuel pump relay in front of car in fuse box under engine hood, the fuel pump relay may have a bad connection pull fuel pump relay bend pins a little to make relay tighter in socket, relay gets hot well driving and weakens the socket making bad connection to relay. has happen to me it sound the same that happen to me.