New Engine.

35

Asked by Nov 10, 2011 at 08:09 AM about the 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Is it possible to get a 2.0L or larger engine in a Hyundai Elantra GLS '03? If yes, then please suggest a donor car :)

95

im sure you can considering that hyundai made larger engines for the sonata. it'd be better to check out hyudai forums or google versus this crap.

Best Answer
35

Haha, i should, but the point is Hyundai engines have this tendency to run into radiator problems. Anyways, I'll google it too. Thanks :)

75

Who would waste the time? its a hyundai elantra??? seriously just buy a new whip

75

or you could just buy an a/m radiator

145

yeah dude. elantra is a pretty lame car.

365

ABH. Do Not lisen To Other People That Are NAY SAYERS. Build The Car YOU Want Or HAVE! Vega's Were Junk And People Build Them Into Hot Rod So Why Not A Hyundiai? Now, If You Want To Put A Huge Engine Into A Small Car.....Do IT! But You Wont get it Done In One Day!!! Plus You Need To Have Tools, and Mad Skills,,,, Welding,Cutting,Fitting,Refitting more welding.. If The Engine And Trans You Want To Stuff In Is To BIG...Make Room For Engine First, Rework and Remount All Else Around Engine. Sometimes it Pays To Build A SubFrame For Eng n Trans And Work That In If I Can Put A 1976 Datsun Z Driveline Into A 1931 Buick Using Only My Left Hand (Right Was In A Cast From Finger tip to Sholder) Than You Should Be Able To Put A Big Engine Into A Hyundai With Two Hands Fairly Easy.

365

O Yea.. And You Can Remount The RAdiator To Someplace like Under The Trunk. I Did This On A 1930 Pickup, I Put It Under The Bed. Rember.. If You Are Doing Something CUSTOM That means You Got The Only One

35

Thanks to all of you :) So, I might consider buying a new car in the next 2 years, but until then I gotta make do with this one. Anyways, its easier to convince dad to buy new parts instead of buying a whole new car. So I think I'll follow Robert's advice and spent about 5000$ and beef this one up with a bigger engine :)

95

abhimanyu. you will need more then 5000 the make something worthy of an old hyundai. but good luck on your build