My hyundai accent 05 won't go into reverse changed the speed sesor it's still won't reverse

10

Asked by Aug 24, 2014 at 02:20 PM about the 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS

P0733,p0734,p0736 codes speed sensor didn't fix it

148,375

http://engine-codes.com/p0736.html I can't paste it it's copyrighted but have a look ...shift solenoid or low or contaminated fluid ...all those codes are different gears, the speed sensor is working fine but does not agree on the rpm of engine from ECU and what output rpm should be in that gear. An indication of slipping

10

Thank you, you think it could be the cable or the tcm

10

Yea the tranny fluid was really low and burnt. When I went to change the sensors I notice leak in the seals in the tranny pan.. Ty I'm going to work on the shift solenoid Tom.. Will keep you updated thank you again

280

Don't waste your time with solenoids or fluid changes or flushes. If the only thing not working is reverse, it will need a transmission. I'm a Hyundai tech and have seen this many times. If you're the original owner the warranty is 10 years 100,000 miles. Good luck

10

Well it's just not reverse , it won't go into 3rd or 4th gear either?! Still a shoot tranny you think? It's my sister-in -laws car.. She didn't do too much maintenance on it.. When I check the tranny fluid there was none in it and the lil bit that was in there was burnt.. And you can tell it's leaking from some where most likely the seals .. Anyway , if your still think burnt out tranny I'll just have her bring it to the dealership

280

Yes. It's too bad. Once the fluid is that dark and burnt smelling means the clutches in the transmission are burnt up. Possible all due to lack of maintenance. If the rest of the car is good why not replace the transmission. Hyundai offers a remanufactured transmission that is very good. Other than that a used one, but you should want to know how many miles are on that transmission. Good luck. Sorry for the bar news. Second though is if she's the original owner and the car has less than 100,000 miles on it and owned it less than 10 years it should be under warranty. Let me know how you make out

35

What fails internaly to cause the reverse failure? is there no way to rebuild them?

30

It's call Drum-Kick Down Brake and Bearing End Clutch. First Drum goes bad then Bearing. These parts are inside the transmission. I have repair 3 transmission in last 2 yrs. .

30

Picture of new Drum

30

Picture of bad bearing.

30

Picture of new bearing

30

Last picture with part # You go on any Hyundai web put part # They should give you the full B/P of transmission.

30

These are the parts cause of loosing the reverse. So don't change any sensor it will not help.

30

I had this same problem and got it fixed first off don't drive it secondly if the fluid is black you will probably need to buy a junk yard transmission. Take the pan off check for needle bearing pieces if there is you should take the cover off the overdrive and replace the bearing there I would also replace the pump torque converter and transmission filter this fixed my no reverse and hard shifting problem

30

Can I swap the tranny from an 03 Elantra with the tranny from an 04 accent

Im having every issue in this thread but have an Elantra that was wrecked and I can salvage my accent easily if they can be swapped out

30

No you can't swap Elantra Tranny with Accent. Size is big.

I have sorta the same problem. I have a 2004 hyundai accent 5 speed manual transmission when I put it in reverse it is hard to get into gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.