90 Honda Prelude Transmission Control Module

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 04:28 PM about the 1990 Honda Prelude 2 Dr Si Coupe

I have a 90 Honda Prelude that recently had an engine coolant leak. This leaked onto
the Transmission Control Module causing my speedometer and over drive to stop
working. The shop is telling me that it is shorted out and it will cost at least $800 to get
the part. Recently about a week ago I was driving home from the store and everything
was working fine, but on next start up was not working again. My question is is if the
module is actually shorted out would it even work at all and could it possibly be just
some moisture in the wire ports that need to be cleaned. I've found other TCM's for a
lesser price, but if this can be taken care of by just removing some moisture then I
would prefer to do that. Can anyone give me some information on this?

just go to pick N pull and get ye self a different one~

6,015

take it apart and blow dry it and put back together and see how that works for ya,,, should be fine,, but if not, do like judge said and go to the bone yard and get a new one

6,015

by the way theres a bunch on ebay in the 30-40 dollar range, but if you have a junk yard local might wanna go that route anyway just thought id let ya know is all, but im sure if you dry it out it should be fine, never know though you might of half fried something in there,, but if it was working fine then not then again it sounds like there is some moisture in it still, also might try some electronic cleaner spray on there board,, should have it at parts store or some place like radio shack,, anyways good luck to ya