Bolts missing on Head gasket? 1990 Civic Ex

25

Asked by Apr 29, 2008 at 03:15 PM about the 1990 Honda Civic EX

Ok, well awhile back I got my car fopr cheap but it needed a new head gasket. he fixed the head gasket a long while back. so i went abck to him again to tuen up some things and replace a couple other things long story short he didnt have time to work on it so i ahd to go get it.(after it had been sitting at his hosue for a couple months) it was running like crap and sputtering liek it wasnt getting enough gas? then stopped running(the gas that was in it has been in it for over a year and a half) :/.
well had a buddy come jump it didnt start. it sounded like it wanted to turn over but it wasnt getting gas. went to teh store came back 20mins later and it started and got it abck to my house but it was running liek crap and sputtering. since then i havent looked at it what so ever or touched it.
so i have a buddy that wants to buy it so i go and pull teh battery out and while im doing that i notice that on the head theres 2 holes taht looks like there should be screws in it? i was wondering if its suppose to be like that? I found a picture that had an engine pretty mucht eh same like mine and pointed to where im talking about. PLEASE any help would be amazing!!

15

I can't tell you why your engine is runing like crap(well bad gas won't help! try empty your gas thank and put new and good gas), but that two screws ain't head gasket screws! the middle one is for your throttle cable braket, the left one I don't know, but it wont be something that has anything to do with your engine problemes...If the car did not move fopr a long time maybe the spark leads or distributor cap are dried out or crack...but guetting good new gas would be a good start.