how to fix my door dinging? could that be whats draining my battery?

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 09:33 PM about the 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback

i have a 90 honda civic hatch and my door constantly dings the latches look they have
been replaced how do i fix the dinging? could this be why my battery keeps draining
ive tried 3 different batteries all the same result. my alternator is good pulled of the
positive to check  how do i check what draining my battery. i can jump the car but
when i turn it off it wont turn back on it tries to but the battery is too dead? any
suggestions plz help

oh under my latch on the car for the door theres a little black lever i think thats the sensor for my dinger even when i manually push it in it still dings?? just trying to provide as much info as i can

if you can jump it , then the battery in it should also start it, it may be low on charge, and yes the door chimes will kill a battery overnight because the door lights are on also, pulling the pos will tell if 12 volts is ok but remember the amps , you may have very low amps or slipping belts

Are you saying you have a faulty door jamb switch? If so, the broken switch is acting as if the door were open all the time, leaving lights on and the door chime activated. That will kill any battery quickly. Jump starting a car with a dead battery will get you going but an alternator cannot recharge a dead battery, so as soon as you turn the car off you're stuck again. The battery needs to be fully recharged, either overnight with a trickle charger or with a deep-cycle recharge. But first, repair the bad door jamb switch.

usually a car has a push button on door jamb that the door pushes when closed, you may have more than one sensor tripped ,check the hatch that is a common problem area

my lights dont stay on or turn on when my door is open my 91 hatch do dont either so i dont think that model does that or mines alwas been off lol. @7jimmy7 - um slipping belt is a possability cause if i let her run for a few mins theres this squealing noise i assumed i wuld need a new belt but would that be killing my battey? @KenF -yes its faulty and i just literally said the same thing to my boyfriend lol iwas like if i could just fully charge the battery when ever im not driving it id unplugg the battery and she would be fine i just went through this with my 91 hatch i had a system it destroyed my battery everytime i wasnt driving id have to unplug my negative i figured finally i found the same model no more popping my hood everytime i get out my car nope same problem so stressful.

now i read that under the passenger side, if you pull up the carpet theres a black box and if you pull out the green wire it will shut off the dinging. if i did that would it still kill my battery or would i have cut off the source for a quick fix til i get the proper parts to fix her??