My 91 accord has trouble starting

Asked by May 29, 2013 at 01:46 PM about the 1991 Honda Accord LX

My Honda recently has started havin  
trouble starting it acts like if its
running low on gas it shuts off and
the check engine lite turns on can
some help me out

I asked a few people who own 1991-92 accords that I've met in the past. They said that when it starts doing that, most likely it's in need of a tune up and probably the fuel filter/fuel lines needs to be checked. I've never had problems like that with my Honda but from what they said, once they've gotten complete tune ups and had the fuel lines checked etc, they had no problem afterwards.

is the check engine light on all the time now? if so you're going to need to get the code. how well do you keep the car maintained? as mentioned previously it could need a tune up which would include new spark plugs, spark plug wires, new air filter, new fuel filter.

I did a recent tune up but just fuel filter and spark plugs n air filter n today it just doesn't start and the check.engine is on

PCV valve should be changed too in a tune up. Doesn't hurt to change it. But if your check engine light is on and the car still doesn't start, I think it might be your main relay (fuel pump relay) that has gone bad, which would be under the dashboard on the driver's side. Check that and see if it could be the problem. I would strongly advise you get that car to the mechanic so the total problem can be properly diagnosed.