No power to the distributor

240

Asked by Dec 28, 2017 at 06:12 PM about the 1991 Honda Accord EX

I have no power going to my distributor I replaced
everything you can think of including the main relay
I also have a brand new distributor on it brand new
spark plugs and spark plug wires also replace the
switch in the ignition switch still nothing this car is
a mystery

158,695

Is your check engine light coming on for a few seconds when you turn your key to run position? If not check for blown ecu fuse.

41,270

Did you remove distributor cap and turn vehicle over to make sure rotor button is turning ?

240

Yes the its turning when i check for power on this distributor harness plug it reads 11.4 volts when i turn the key it drops to 9.4

240

I checked all fuses they are all good.

158,695

Check engine light coming on like its suppose to when you turn key to run position?

240

No there's no engine light already checked that

240

I basically checked everything including the grounds I clean them all up still nothing I replace the timing belt replace a cylinder head replace the distributor replaced main relay replace the computer replace the TCU

158,695

Ok if no check engine light coming on then that normally means that your ecu is not getting power. Most times due to bad or loose fuse. Or loose wire harness. Check engine light is suppose to come on for about five seconds every time you turn car on. This is a test/signal to you that your ecu is getting powered up.

240

This car is a mystery

240

Why is there a voltage drop on a distributor when I turn the key

158,695

Cause car will do other functions with out ecu powered up. It just won't run. Most will turn over and act like they are trying to start but won't if no power to ecu.

240

Okay I turn the key the check engine light came on and went off but as I was cycling the key I was hearing a clicking noise but I wasn't turning over to the start position

158,695

Ok. Ecu is getting power. Hmmm.

240

The Apparently is getting power I also open up to ECU and nothing inside is burnt. I'm about to Savage for some wires and jump the the diagnostic plug

158,695

Just so I understand. When you turn key to start position the motor turns over but just won't start.

240

No it would turn over but no spark

158,695

And you said coil is sending spark to dis?

240

My bad about that I read what you wrote wrong but yeah it's doing that

240

There is no spark whatsoever coming out the distributor and the distributor is brand new at first I thought that distributor was faulty so I replaced it four times

158,695

If spark is getting to dis then rotor button should be sending spark out to plugs. Your motor ground is clean and tight?

240

There is no power going to distributor that's not putting out as a lick of spark out the distributor cap the voltage is so low that it can't even power the distributor that's the problem I'm trying to figure out

240

Now when I jumped the diagnostic wires the engine light comes on and stays on

158,695

Ok light should come on just for few seconds and go off. And the voltage drop you are seeing is probably normal with the starter turning over at same time. And you have pulled one of your plugs wires off and checked for spark using and old plug or timing light.

240

When I jump the diagnostic plug the engine light came on and stayed on never went off so I turn the key off unplug one injectors and unplug the distributor jump it. So I can plug again into light came on and stayed on

240

Tell me something different that I haven't tried I tried grounding the spark plug wire with a spark plug to the engine nothing no spark

240

Is there any sensors on a car that could cause a power draw

158,695

Not that much of a draw that I know of. Is starter spinning when you see the draw? Or is key in just run position?

240

Yes

80

Try jumping the distubitor ground to power it work for us

10

I’m having this same problem. Did you happen to figure it out?

Im having the same problem can u let me know if u figured it out

did you ever figure this out

20

I’m having the same problem. I need some help to get this car to crank. I’ve tried everything.

30

How I jump the distributor on my 1988 Honda civic

41,270

If you are getting power from coil to distributor and rotor button is turning I would say it has something to do with the rotor button not distracting spark for some reason.

Any luck to anyone? I’m having the same problem

I have a 1991 Honda Accord lx that turns over cranks but does not start.. the distributor is not getting spark. The whole dizzy is new,ecu new spark plugs new, wires new main relay new the CEL turns on when the key is on the ON position and it shuts off..