how does ur car start acting when ur timing belt is ready for replacement??? I have a 1991 ex honda with over 3000,000 miles on it,,, it is starting when it feels like it and while driving it acts

Asked by Jul 21, 2015 at 05:31 AM about the 1991 Honda Accord EX

pulls like it is trying to make a shift changes... i brought my car brand new and have
kept
it in good running condition,, replacing parts when need.. oil changes,,etc,, however for
the last 2 years i have been having this problem and don t know what it could
be,,,could
someone please help me?? how much does it cost to replace a timing belt? it turns
over and starts right up at times...and than I can go to the store it will not start when I
return... by the time I set or leave it and come back it starts back up again..It has
becomes not trusting... I don t know what it is going to do one day until the next..

3,415

Im not sure what it cost because I'm in South Africa, but can promise you one thing....... its a fraction of the prize to repair the belt and its pulleys rather to replace head gasket valve guides valves. timing belt is one of the most in portend parts on your vehicle, have it check before something goes terribly wrong.

44,445

A timing belt that is about to break will exhibit no warning symptoms. Change the timing belt at the manufacturer recommended intervals or risk severe engine damage when it breaks. Upon timing belt service it is a good idea to change the tensioner, idler pulleys and the water pump while it is apart.

21,745

Is that 3 million miles?! maybe not, you just pushed the zero too many times-the timing belt is something that should be replaced as an item that has a limited life span- usually between 75-90 thousand miles- haven't you replaced it yet?! you will not notice a change in the way the engine runs to warn you that it is time to replace it- you say that you have kept up on normal maintenance but the cam belt is just normal maintenance- replace it-

3,175

With that mileage on it, you most definitely need to replace the belt. It could have jumped one or two teeth out of time but still run, just not properly.