cruise control

25

Asked by Feb 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM about the 1992 Honda Prelude 2 Dr Si Coupe

My cruise control seems to be out. The light on the switch comes on but the dash light doesn't light up and the control won't engage. I just bought this used so I have little experience or history. Any ideas?

6,895

I am not sure if the 92 is vac or eletric operated. But I would suspect a costly repair/replacement as the parts are 16+ years old. I would recommend that you have a mechanic look at it and see if the repair is worth it or if you will just drive the car with no cruise. Keep us informed, best of luck.

42,965

Agreed, although it may just be the switch itself not engaging. If it has power to the switch but it is not engaging, it could be that simple. Need to do some testing to see if you have power to the cruise control itself beyond just the switch.

45

if you have a mechaninc look at it your going to pay way to much if you have a some know how with cars and the haynes manuel it will not be bad. this is the problem if your speedo needle flucutuates like bounces around (doesnt stay consistant with the actual speed. then is you speedo cable good luck let me know