Issues starting my 1992 Honda civic lx link included

Asked by Dec 21, 2012 at 09:25 PM about the 1992 Honda Civic LX

Drove it to work was fine went to
leave got this what i got I'm going to
link a video I made for it listen to the
sound in the last few seconds if u
have any comments or ideas please
write thanks :)
http://youtu.be/jpQLWi8Ro5w

485

Hey deeznuts i listened to ur vid @ least a couple times and from the whirring sound i heard it sounded like ur starter cylinoid was still spinning after the ignition was turned off. As long as there is no grinding noise there should be no problem with it the cylinoid will dissinguage from the start gear when the key is no longer in the start possition as for it not starting im not sure what the issue may be i just dont have enough info

Well when it first happened I checked my oil I barely had any so I added some then I pulled out my spark if tubes and found oil in them so I cleaned out the oil so I'm going to buy a new seal kit and spark plugs and see if that works.

485

Yah that would be a good plan ur head gasket may be blown due to lack of oil the only thing i ask is when u put the spark plug boots back on did u put them in the proper order? If so good. Otherwise i say that if its not the head gasket it could be ur lifters or just generally a compression issueill help anyway i can my first car was a honda and i did alot of work mechanically to it to keep it operational so let me know.

How can I tell if I have a blown head gasket If the car won't turn on. And yes I put the boots on in the right order

485

Best way i can tell to check without buying a dye kit is if ur spark pligs are clean like u said turn it over for 3 seconds turn it off then check all the plugs if there is oil u have an issue also check ur coolant if it is milky green thats another sighn of issues

4,435

have you checked for a spark?

No I did not since its just me I can't see the engine while I'm in the car, so I pull out a spark plug tube and plug a sparkplug into it then turn it over??

485

That sucks. U have no one to assist u? But yes u need to put the plugs and boots in place as if the engine ready to go turn it over then remove the boots and plugs and check for oil