Leaking brake fluid out of the top of the abs modulators and now brakes stopped working

Asked by Jan 19, 2015 at 09:00 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

It has been leaking fluid out of the top of the reservoir on the  abs Modulators and i have to add brake fluid daily. Now the brakes do not work at all. It has four disc brakes. The pedal still feels like it pressure but it will not stop the car at all. What do I need to replace

Sorry, not clear as to where it is leaking. Is it leaking out of the reservoir itself around the bottom of the cap, or is it leaking out around the threaded fittings on the abs mounting block, or elsewhere? If the reservoir, try a new cap, if the fittings, try to tighten them a bit. If anyplace else, let me know & I will try to help you more. Do you have a cell phone? You can take a pick of the leaking area/part & attach it here as a file photo. Please let me know.

Leaking from this cap

Thanks for the pics. The system is simple enough, and it could be one of several problems. 1) Take a good look at the cap. Check to make sure there is a rubber gasket in it, check for tears or holes in the gasket if it is there. 2) Check the threads or fastening tabs inside the cap and on the outside of the reservoir. To see if they are cracked or broken or even missing. If the cap and reservoir are all good, fill the reservoir, put the cap back on, open each bleeder screw at each wheel one at a time, then have someone slowly depress the brake pedal and hold it to the floor, then re-tighten the bleeder screw. You should get fluid out at the bleeder screw. If no fluid comes out, you have a blocked or kined brake line which forces the fluid into back pressure mode squirting it out at the cap. Just do one wheel at a time when checking for fluid flow. If you get fluid out, refill the tank between each wheel check. If you are getting fluid out at all four wheels but the tank keeps leaking fluid, REPLACE the entire reservoir and cap as a NEW assembly.