my horn does not work

Asked by Apr 12, 2009 at 05:08 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic LX

I have checked everything, and all looks good. When I push the horn button there is a clicking sound from under the dash. Is there an inline fuse or relay I am not aware of.

sounds like a bad relay

if you are hearing a clicking that sounds like the relay easy thing to do is swap it with another, or unplug your horn and hook up direct power to the horn itself leeve it bolted so it is earthed out correctly if doesn't work try a diferent earth.

did you check the fluid? lmao jk

Have you checked the air in your back tyres? This is one of the main causes of your horn not working because there is not enough air to go up the brake pipes and when you press the horn, it isn't working because their is no air to release.

what the hell!? how is the air in your rear tires connected to the horn?! is that some kind of a fckin spaceship joke?! two things man...its either the relay or the horn is having problems...trying a different earth or bolting it in another position wont do any damn good...either get your relay checked for loose or chipped wires OR get a new horn... that's just it...

lol he's trollin dude, raging at a troll means they win

he's posting a joke that no one else seems to laugh about...anyway, you think it's the relay? what model is his civic anyway?

yeah i think so, or it could be the wiring after the relay. the clicking is the magnet closing the connection, similar to how you can hear a click when you barely step on your breaks and the light come on.

so it's not the whole horn after all, could be the bad magnet...faulty installation, maybe?

yeah now that i think about it, it's probably just the horn itself and the relay is fine since its clicking.

my guess would be to replace the fuse for the horn in the fuse box

funny, i drive a civic and my horn doesnt work either, a clicking noise i would imagine is a relay, ive never heard of a fuse clicking

cuz the fuse isn't clicking. the relay works via a magnetic switch. when it gets power it clicks on, sometimes when its not working. relay uses a switch wire and a power wire, so if the fuse to the power is blown but not the switch it'll click away

Hi, where is the horn!? i'm kinda clueless im outside working on my honda rite now, i have a 1993 accord and i have THE EXACT same problem, it would be great if i knew where the horn was :D thannks

I have a 2001 honda accord, my horn stoped working, it would only work when I turn wheel all the way to the end.. I took it to a body shop and they told me that there was something wrong with the airbag.. im not sure :(

haahaha lol to the tire air thing and to the dude that said spaceship joke

Okay....let me answer this.... first of all if the clicking from under your glove box/ dash....thats your alarm box (usually a standard 12v one). Thats not your problem. If its clicking then yes it is the magnet clicking the wires together to allow a connection. Not your problem. Secondly it could be the ground from your horn thats simply not allowing your horn to work....Very unlikely though. Usually 9 out of 10 times its your horn. Change the horn. Its one bolt and it should only cost you roughly around $10-$30 from advanced auto or any auto supply place. Third and forthmost there is a connecter behind the airbag that when you push it down it connects. I forget the name of it right now off the top of my head but very rarely do they go bad, sometimes based upon crazy weather changes theres a small piece of plastic that can be removed from it to allow shrinkage and warpage.....Duely Note: I suggest NOT doing this because I have had a simple hour process cost me over 1000 just because I accidently blew the air bag in my face....not a fun time for me. Simply put...change horn first then work to ground and alarm box before touching the actual steering wheel and even then have a trained mechanic due it incase they blow the air bag then its on their expense.

Is the horn on the wheel together with the air bag on a CRV Honda 2004? If so, could one of the two be the cause of why the horn is not working?

my horn works and when it dose not I grab the wires behind the under dash fuse box it will work for a day or two