Help with the brakes

150

Asked by Jan 01, 2010 at 11:24 AM about the 1993 Honda Accord EX

I have a 1993 Honda Accord EXR with 4 dishc brakes.. The brake Pedal on the car go down to the floor every time I apply the brakes. I have chaged the master cylinder, the booster the front and the rear brake pads and the rotors. I have even bled the air a couple of times. Used bench bleeding for master sylinder but with no success. The ABS light on the dash is on. Could it have anything to do with it? I checked with Honda and they say it should not. Can any one help me. Thanks in advance.

BTW the brakes work fine except the pedal goes down fully.

245

Replace the master cylinder again. You probably got a defective one or damaged the seal by pushing the plunger too far. If there are no leaks in the system, it has to be a bad master cylinder.

150

This is the 3rd master cylinder. First 2 were remanufactured ones and the present one is brand new.

115

My 1993 Accord lx would do the same thing at times

150

Mine does all the times.

245

If you are sure the master cylinder is good, then most likely there is still air in the lines. Does the pedal go down and continue to sink to the floor or does it hold pressure but just grabs low? Does the pedal feel spongy at all? I would either buy a cheap power bleeder or have someone help you bleed the lines at each wheel. Start with the wheel farthest from the master cylinder which would be passenger side rear, driver's rear, passenger front, drivers front. Make sure to keep the reservoir full of brake fluid or you may suck more air into the system.

150

I have bled the system at least 6 times and yes the pedal does feel spongy. It just grabs very low infact almost at the the floor.

245

If you pump the brake pedal does it build up and hold the pressure or does the pedal sink down eventually losing pressure?

150

Sorry for being so late. No the pedal after pumping 2 - 3 times stays hard. Someone told me to start with the ABS light since it stays on and could have an effect on the braking system. Can it?

1,845

From what I have read. You need to make sure the push rid is set to push on the plunger without much travel. You might need to have the brakes bleed while the ABS is active. Air could be trapped in the valve assembly. Giving a spongy pealed. .

20

In not sure if that make and model has a piston that is adjustible. On some cars. Its possible to adjust pedal height by turning the piston.Im not sure on the direction per vehicle. If you have tried everything else , This sounds like the culprit .No change in pedal height. No air or spongy pedal. On the break pads .are there grooves that has to align to dowels on pistons in calipers?

20

did you bleed the master cyl when you put it in

30

i have a 93 an i have change every new just to have it new yet i to have problems with the petel i do beleive that it is all in the abs needing to be blead proper

I just fixed this problem in my 92 accord ex. The front driver side caliper was locked up. I replaced driver and passenger side yesterday. Now no problems.

Now mines dont work at all almost got into a very very bad craw..it was like one min they where workig fine and now i have notbi g ....very sadd

Dont have one