1994 Honda Passport 4x4 Problems

75

Asked by Jan 08, 2011 at 04:06 AM about the 1994 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

I recently bought a 94 Honda Passport. The vehicle runs good and is great. But I'm having problems with the 4x4. When I try to lock it in the front wheels don't pull. The light on the dash lights up saying that it is engaged but they aren't spinning. If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Holliday

75

am i the only one with this problem?

have the fluid checked in front diferential,if low it wont enguadge,or the part in it is stuck.

75

What part are you talking about and thanks for your reply

is in the front differental,it works like a slider to enguadge,disenguadge the 4x4,sometimes just putting it in and out of 4x4 will break it loose,try this several times,check vac lines at transfercase,or it could be a bad acuator,it works off vacume also.

75

I honestly am not to sure what vac lines look like and i was out driving it today and looked under and in 4x4 the front drive shaft doesnt even spin. Right when you take of it starts to but then stops.

vac les are rubber hoses their should be 2 of them on top of transfercase,see if cracked or broke in half or unpluged.see if their is a small motor on back of TC,not sure if honda has one,if so it could be bad,from what you are saying,it sounds like a vac leak or the acuatior is bad.most are located under the battery tray,it is what enguadges,disenguadges the 4x4.

75

i repaired it last night. the front driver side hub wasnt locking. Thanks for your help and replies

150

I am having a similar problem.I can shift mine into four wheel drive but the indicator light wont come on but the front min axle will spin but the two coming out of the front hub wont spin.The shifter works great in 4H,4L,2H and while in 4x4 mode the indicator light does not come on but the front and back main shafts spin but the two front ones coming out of the front hub will not spin.WHAT CAN CAUSE THIS?

150

Where is the Actuator located.Mine will go into all grears 4L,4H,2H,...But the indicator light doesnt come on but the front main shft will pull but the two shafts comming out of the front hgub will not turn.Please help.And thank you

60

my honda wont go in but the light keeps flashing any one now what could be wrong

25

Hi. New here..my 4x4 button does nothing when i press it and 4hi or low lever wont move... Other than that truck runs fine. Any thoughts. 2002 honda passport v6