The Car is die after changing the engine

115

Asked by Feb 26, 2012 at 05:40 AM about the 1994 Honda Civic EX

Dears,

I have a Honda Civic 1994,
i changed the engine in the past with one from model 1997, where the car has been converted from carporator to injection.

All things are good, but i have a "die" problem.

once i drive my car, suddenly it's die even though i give it an accelerator without any feedback.

after roughly 1-3 min the car returned to the normal accelerator. and again once i drive it's die again and for 1-3 min its returned to the same problem.

I change the computer and unluckiness the same problem is still,

What the problem if you know that my battery is new and the sparks are new, where is the problem and how can i solve it.

Thanks.

1,105

could be alot of things maybe just a weak fuel pump the problem might not have been in the swap but just faulty parts

115

Is there any possibilities to be in the electrical circle in the car, cause i change the engine to be injection, the changes implies changing of electrical circle.

115

Already, i change the fuel pump with no forward progressive, but i notice that in case changing the computer the problem will be disappeared, but rather than die of acceleration the car will give you an "irregularity" in its engine sound once you kick down on fuel to put the RPM pointer on 1.5 or 2.5. This "irregularity" will affect on the car in case i drive in consecutively manner, the car will "shake". Notice, changing the computer make an effect. Thanks

Right off the bat it sounds to me like a catalytic converter. But I beg to differ with you on the all things are good. If it was good you would be driving. Is your check/service engine light on? Have you had anyone do a computer diagnostic scan? It could be many many things with a swap like that. Did you say that you installed it yourself? The biggest problem I see here is that computer systems changed in 95-96 from OBDI to OBDII. This is very important. Also, the computer has got to be matched to all your components. You need to have this properly diagnosed by a professional or you will keep changing parts until you go broke or give up.

115

To BadGirl, Let's answer your questions one by one - No one diagnostic the computer and i will do soon, - There is no Check/Service engine light cause the car model now is 1994 with engine 1997. - i don't installed the computer by myself, already i got a mechanics and he do that. Thanks for your replies

115

Can anyone give me more details about the specs of the computer that must plugged in the car. Car Model is 1994, with engine 1997. Thanks

1,835

Must be 1997 OBDII. If bought just any computer, it would make die!

1,105

ahh thats the problem probably when he put the motor in since it was only obd1 and he put an obd2 motor in it he may have a sensor in that he missed so the ecu will throw codes for it and one thing is i know that the obd1 civic didnt have an o2 bung in the cat but im pretty sure that the obd2 did... this may be the problem

Best Answer
115

I will diagnostic it and i'll we return sooon. Thanks for replies.

115

The problem has been solved, by changing the computer @Takoda. Simply i change the computer with another one that was plugged in another car model 1999. the problem has been disappeared !! no die and the efficiency is very good. also i think that will affect on the fuel burn.

35

First problem would be you need to learn proper english for those who are willing to help you with your problem to make it a little more easier to understand the problem you are having. Secondly the motor in the 92-95 hondas are OBD I and the motor you have put in your car from a 97 is a OBD II, simple fix is putting the ECU from the same motor you put in, OBD I and OBD II do not interchange hence the idle issues and you are probably throwing codes left and right. Next time you decide to do a " Do It Yourself" swap, read into the swap process a little better next time

115

Thanks.