Cranks but NO start

Shanta Epps

Asked by Aug 05, 2016 at 11:30 AM about the 1994 Honda Accord LX

Shanta Epps

I have a 94 Honda Accord LX that will crank but will not start. In the last month, I had my transmission, fuel pump, and vault cover gaskets replaced. It worked for a couple of days. Now when I try to crank it the rpm needle will not move and it will not start. Could it be something electrical, is it my starter, or something else??? Please help!!!

Joseph Valdez

If it cranks but doesn't start it could be a number of things,from a fuel pump relay to a pick up coil gone completely bad ,Best thing to do is get it hooked up to an obd2 scanner and pin point the source of the problem,good luck and best regards

Joseph Valdez

I apologize if it's a 94 it's going to be OBD1 and you can check it with a paper clip, very easy a ten yr old could do it!! You'll need an obd1 chart for your vehicle make and model place the jumper cable in the. Obd1 port turn the key forward ,but dnt start ,jst til the lights come on notice your check engine light come on,it should blink once a short pause then blinks twice that means code twelve,it just means diagnostics have begun and the system is preparing to throw codes ,so it will blink code twelve 3xs to give you a chance to catch it have a pin and tablet handy,then it will start blinking out the problem codes ,each code will go 3xs and then it will continue on to the next,after you write down all codes it will start over with code 12 ,you can view a code chart on Google and there numbered codes 12 thru ? If you running into a snag I'll help out from here I'm just a keyboard away good luck and best regards Joseph!!!!!!