Car won't start, why.?

20

Asked by Aug 05, 2016 at 10:02 AM about the 2010 Kia Soul 4u

i have a 2010 Kia Soul.  I've been to the dealership 3 times and and they still
can't find the problem.  This morning we are taking it in again.
Problem?  Every now and then I get in the car put key into ignition and it
won't turn over.  It makes an attempt to turn over, I hear a bit of grrrr grrrr but
no starting.  I try again and sometimes nothing and sometimes it starts.  If
nothing again then I wait 10 or 20 minutes and then it will start.  I am so
frustrated becomes the last time it left me stranded after a night shift and the
next day when I got a tow truck it started.  Looking at my records I have it
looked at approximately once a year every June or July.  Why is this
happening and what is it?

35

Is it getting fuel?

35

crank it over and if it wont start turn the key off and put the petal to the floor and try to start it. It could be a sensor.

35

or there is also a antenna coil faulty in some of them and it's an interlock with the key and is a safety feature which could cause the car to start on and off.

12,665

Locate a competent electrical tech, Post the name of this Hyundai and Kia Dealer so people can avoid them too. I see all the guessing, with the factory scan tool (GDS) or new (G-Scan 2) this is minutes worth of diagnostic work to locate the issue exactly! A dealer as this in my area is Blacklisted quickly people aren't so forgiving! come back 3 time heads roll! LOSING. were not talking Shady's corner repair.

60

I have the same problem. My 2014 Kia Soul intermittently will not turn over. It just clicks. I took it to the Jim Sipala's West Chester Kia in PA. I had a brand new battery placed and again it happened the same week. I took it in again. They had it for a week or so and it turned over for them. My care again did not start then it turned over a few hours later. I did not take it to the shop. Last night it left me stranded at work. It clicks. The lights go on. But the car does not start! HELP!

20

Estherdan has had this problem twice. each time we replaced the antenna sensor coil and it was good for about two years inbeteewn coils. Insist with the dealership to just do it. They can!t seem to figure out why this solves the problem. We love our Kia again.

My 2014 Soul is leaving me stranded about every other day now, sounds like the same thing as Apollo _1946. Any new news on this? It's been into Kia twice, they can't get it to NOT start! I get somewhere and it won't start!. Antenna coil, huh?

20

All I can say is our car is still doing well after the antenna coil was replaced. It starts every time. We asked for the old coil back and we noticed a slight bend in the sensor coil which could have been the reason why the car would start sometimes and not other times. It seems bizarre that it was a sensor coil but it sure was worth taking the risk at putting a new one in as we were ready to sell the vehicle. I really don't know why Kia is having such a problem with this as I know several people who have had the same troubles and it is about high time they realize it's a common problem.