I changed the cranl pulley on my 95 prelude now it won't start. Not sure if its flooded or what but it ran just fine yesterday. PLEASE HELP!!

110

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 03:49 PM about the 1995 Honda Prelude 2 Dr Si Coupe

110

Crank****

122,645

Did you possibly unhook or damage the crank position sensor wiring when changing pulley? The wires are exposed right behind that pulley. That's what I would check first.

122,645

And by crank pulley do you mean harmonic balancer?

And why did you have to change it?

110

Yea the harmonic balencer. I changed it cause the bolt came loose. So I put a new key in it and tightened it to spec. Got it all together and ain't starting.

Ok, then that leads us right to dandyoun's answer. The wiring behind it

110

Yea I didn't even see any wiring so there for I couldn't have touched it. What about the timing?

122,645

Ah the key you are talking about does it also go under the geared sprocket behind the harmonic balancer? If so it is probably going to be a timing issue.

110

No I didn't do anything with the timing. What about starting it with the key way out??

110

I think so. Not the best with cars so not sure.

122,645

If so I would remove and inspect all timing marks. They are probably off. I will try to get you a link to a how to document. Fordnut. If you see this if you locate a diagram for his timing marks please post it. You can do that better than me I can only post links from here.

122,645

Of if you started it with the key out I am talking about the timing is off. Let's see what we can find for you.

122,645

Which engine do you have?

122,645

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddy5qWXCYbs --- not the best video but it's a start. Will keep looking

122,645

Oh crap. Which engine do you have? Looks like all of them are interference engines. This means you may have some bent valves due to engine turning over with key out.

122,645

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55332 -- check this out for a how to set the timing.

122,645

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2861570

110

Its the h23 a I think

110

If the valves were bent wouldn't I hear it making some weird noise??

122,645

No. Bent some in my 3000 gt and only way to find out is a compression check after all timing has been reinstalled correctly. Did not hear a sound out of mine and had six bent on front head.

122,645

Don't stress just yet. Open her timing cover up and realign all your timing marks correctly. Double check it to be sure. Put it all back together. Then if she won't start and run do a compression check. Any cylinders with 0 psi will have bent valves. Keep fingers crossed. I got mine crossed for you too.

110

Hey thanks Mab. I greatly appreciate the help. I'll post on here tomorrow, hopefully with some good news.

122,645

Ok. Good luck. Remember to check all timing marks and belt tension twice before closing her back up.

110

Will do man. I'll keep you updated.

110

Well it def jumped time. Got a broken lower timing gear. Let's just hope the valves ain't bent. And if so hopefully its just a couple.

122,645

Sorry to hear that. But they not that bad to replace if you do your own work. Keep us informed.