96 honda civic lx ran for a few minutes hadn't been able to start again change plugs distributor new fuel filter done everthing i can think of even tried starting fluid wont start any suggestions on

Asked by Sep 03, 2015 at 05:35 PM about the 1996 Honda Civic LX

Be put alot of money in this car for my 17
year  old daughter

If starting fuild did get the car running, I am leaning more of an electrical issue. I would look at the ignition module, check fuses, make sure you have a good ground and 12 volts at the battery. Take a look at the crank sensor. Check the coil packs. Just for giggles and laughs check the fuel pressure at the injectors

I think thats is the next thing im gonna try is crankshaft position sensor

Good luck hope you get the car running...

stop changing parts just because someone says it might be this or that , troubleshoot your problem , the first thing to ck are you getting fuel , spark and air , these are the only 3 things that any engine runs on , first ck for fuel , ck the fuel pressure while cranking the car with a gauge if not avaiable , open the fuel line at the rail be very carful and get a small pan and a picece of hose ,put the hose on the fuel line and extend it to a safe place and crank the engine over to see if you are getting gas and a good flow of pressure into your pan , if good close it up , ck for spark first at a spark plug , you can get a spark tester .or take a screwdriver and put it into the end of the plug wire and hold it close to the spark plug or good ground , if you get spark it should start ,if not depending on what kind of car you have which is not listed , when you ask a question on here you have to post what kind of car you have make model and eng ,, so we can start somewhere and make it easier to get it going , if not spark ck to see if you are getting voltage to your coil pack , the best thing for you to do is to go on youtube and see if you car is on there and the question of why is it not startint

I am sorry ,my kid told me there was not a car listed my thought is the fuel pump but do the above and you will find your problem .