My car is not getting fire I have replaced the fuel pump thinking thats what was wrong with my car and why it wouldn't start now it still won't start and is not getting fire please help

65

Asked by Aug 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM about the 1996 Honda Civic DX

I drive a 1996 Honda civic DX 2 door

37,685

Start with the coil. Any power there?

65

See idk all I know is I took a screw driver and took the spark plug wires and it wasn't getting any fire someone said it could be my relay then someone else said it was my timing belt which when I turned the key over the oil is moving so I don't think its my timing belt

37,685

Ok simple test to see if its the timing belt. Remove the distributor cap. Look at the rotor and see if it moves when you turn the key. If it dose your good. Now as for a educated guess. Change around the relays in the fuse box. See if that helps.

Best Answer Mark helpful
65

I did that with the timing belt and it moves thank goodness what do you mean change around the relay in the fuse box?

37,685

The relays are the little black boxes in the fuse box. If the one that controls the ignition is bad then by changing it with one that works your Engin will start. Just be for warned. The fuel pump also is on a relay. So it could get tricky.

65

Will the relay cause the engine to want to start but it isnt? Cause the fuel pump is good now it kicks on and stuff when I turn the key over

37,685

The relay is like a fuse. But when it is good it will reset it's Self. Btw is this vehicle fuel injected?

65

Yes its fuel injected

37,685

Have you checked the Cam Position. Sensor? That will couse you to have have no power to the ignition.

65

No, I don't know what that is! I know very little about vehicles and have no one to help! Its just me and my kiddos that's all

37,685

Best that you Google 1996 Honda Dx Cam Position Sensor. If I recall correctly its down on the front of the engine. Try YouTube for instructions and videos on how to replace it. It's not a hard job and its not a ungodly expensive part.

65

Okay thank you for all your help! I appreciate it a lot!

37,685

To save a few bucks. Google Advanced Auto Parts coupons. You can save from 15% - 40%. I saved a ton when I lived in the States.

65

Okay, thank you a lot I appreciate it all!!!!

150

Relace the distributor with new , its cheaper than tring to rebuild it. Buy aftermarket. dealer is wayy over priced. How do i know whats wrong. 25years honda/acura

65

Thank you I'm going to try it

185

changed the coil pack out if the car is turning over but want start its because the plugs isnt getting any power. the coil pack should be located under the dis. cap it will have two screws holding it in place. take it off when coil packs go bad that start building up white gunk around the edges of the coil pack. hope this helps.

30

I put a new distributor on and a new ignition relay main wants to turn over but still wont run

40

Ignition switch probably bad

50

So my car is only getting fire sometimes and I can't figure out why it is a 1998 accord coupe 2.3 and things to check I have replaced every thing in the distributor

30

I have a1999 honda accord coupe 3.0l v tek and I don't no what's wrong with it I changed the distribitor and fuel pump car turns over but want crank it want give power to the fuel pump can you tell me what part I need to fix it

50

It sounds like the main relay is ur problem it controls the fuel pump and spark let me know what u find out

20

i have a 98 accord changed the fuel rail distibiture distribitur cap plugs wires timing belt its getting fire but wont start its turning over

Is there a fuse for spark or a spark has a permanent positive coz timing belt has nothing to do with spark nt a chance

I have a 95 Honda civic ex VTEC 4 cylinder. I replace fuel pump,regulators,tuneup,timimg belts fine, ignition & engine management solutions,computer,everything and car still won't start. It turns over but won't crank. Please help I'm a female and people r charging a lot of money. I need answers not someone for $$$$$. Please think as if it was your mother or sister. Help