Upgrades

35

Asked by Jan 14, 2008 at 08:21 AM about the 1997 Honda Prelude 2 Dr STD Coupe

I talked to a tech at a garage, and he said that there is no chip that I can install in my 97 Lude for performance enhancements.  He said that they're installed on the newer cars.  I have the vtec h22 engine.  Is there anything other than a turbo, cold air intake, or exhaust system that can be used on my ride for more hp?  

14,665

There may not be any performance chip you can install, but you can reprogram your ECU (computer). There are numerous hand-held programmers or you can remove it from the vehicle and ship it off to be reprogrammed. I don't recommend doing either, but it's your choice.

415

if you have the pgm engine the venom 400 performance module is very nice.

Best Answer
35

I'm not sure what a PGM engine is. How can I tell if it is a PGM engine? Thanks again.

35

It is a PGM-FI engine. I've read that the wiring harness on the Venom is kinda short. Have you had any issues on that? Is the Venom a piggyback module? What would I plug it into? I hope that's not too many questions. Thanks.

35

PGM-FI stands for programmable fuel injection on my prelude there is a sticker which says PGM-FI right on it or you can look up the year of you car and find out do a little research owners manual should say too

495

if u do some research you can find performance chips online for pretty good prices