1997 honda passport 4 wheel drive

Asked by Jul 13, 2011 at 08:27 PM about the 1997 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

i bought this car its only running on 3 cylinders its a v6 and i cant get any of my windows to go up or down i need help seriously oh and the car wont go over 45 miles per hour help anyone

15

The newer passports have a feature called "limp home mode" it pretty much means that something between the throttle and the computer isnt right on mine there's a light on the instrument cluster that reads "reduced power" to indicate something is wrong I have never had this problem so I am only giving you a starting block to look into

10

@jbizzel More than likely the vehicle is out of time. The timing on the passport is different than most vehicles. I had the same problem with a 99 Passport. I did the timing myself using the instruction on the link below. FYI the Passport is basically a rebranded Isuzu Rodeo. If you look under the hood you will find Isuzu labels in certain areas. Good luck. http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7674

about 3 cylinders: you should check high-voltage wire from trambler or replace their, but I think your injectors are dirty---you have 2 ways. 1) clear injectors in service 2) buy injector cleaner ( I used HI-Gear ), this liquid add in tank. read instruction of this liquid before use it

and check your sparks