My 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 recently stopped blowing hot air. It still forces hot air out when driving. I'm not very familiar with cars so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be

10

Asked by Dec 08, 2013 at 08:06 PM about the 2000 Ford Escort ZX2

66,045

Sounds like the blower motor quit. Using a 12 volt DC test light see that it's getting power at all of the speeds on the selector switch. If so, blower motor is bad. The blower motor is usually located on the passenger's side, under the dash, right next to the kick panel. Unplug the 2 way connector and probe the plug with your test light. If you get no reading from the one side of the plug, probe the other side. One side of the plug is positive (+) and the other side is ground (-). HTH. -Jim

Best Answer

might be the blower resistors as well...does it work on HIGH?~

10

Thanks for quick replies. Did a little more research and it was the blower motor just like you said. Just unplugged the connecter and plugged it back in and the fan kicked on. Does this mean the blower motor is going to quit soon or could it just be a faulty connection?

66,045

Sounds like the pigtail (plug) for the blower motor is bad. Is it burned or discolored? Could also be the terminal on the blower motor itself. HTH. -Jim

10

It didn't seem discolored at all, just a little lose. As soon as I touched it it sounded like it snapped back into place.

66,045

Good deal. Probably just worked itself loose from normal driving vibrations. The snap you heard was the plug locking into place. Hopefully it won't come loose again. Thank you for letting us know and for the best answer click. -Jim

10

Thank you for answering so quickly