I have a 1986 Subaru GL with the 1.8l motor (carburated). My car has developed a pretty good oil leak. I have traced it to the front of the motor on the drivers side. I replaced the valve cover gas

10

Asked by Apr 09, 2017 at 02:07 PM about the 1986 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon

74,085

Is the leak where the head meets the engine block? If so you are due for new head gaskets.

10

it appears to be between the timing belt cover and the front if the valve cover gasket somewhere???

74,085

Maybe the front crank seal but you will have to locate the leak before you can fix it.

10

copy that. that is kind of what i was thinking. I was hoping that it would be the gaskets but no luck. it kind of just started all of a sudden like. thanks for your help