New Serp belt.01 Honda passport.car won't move

Asked by Apr 25, 2016 at 01:03 AM about the 2001 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

I was on the road when car died.  My main
belt snapped.  I got a new serpentine belt,
pulled tension lever thing, and slipped it
back on . ( correctly thanks to that diagram.)
The car started but when i put it in drive,  it
revs up, but won't move an inch. Help!!!

1,550

Let's see wat other gurus say but I can't c any obvious connection. R u telling us everything dat happened? While u were under the hood did u somehow mess wit linkage or cut a trans line? Serpentine belt is for power steering, alternator, etc not trans. If not sounds like trans is bad, but the two things happening at same time is as unlikely as winning lotto lol! Check ur trans fluid level

My husband took it on a trip. He said the power steering was the first thing to go, then it used the charge shortly after that and died. (because of the belt not working the alternator) He went to get a belt and put it back on. Now he reports that it starts but does not move. The transmission was completely redone about 2 and a half years ago. Cost like $2500. Stand by- I am going to ask him about trans fluid and the shifter cable link thing on the bottom of the car...? What else could it be besides the tranny?

Ok. he said it does go in reverse. But would not go in any of the other gears. He also said the lights on the dash correspond to whatever gear he is shifting to. He did not check the tranny fluid at all.

1,550

Check fluid! Did the trans problem begin immediately right after belt put on, because sounds like trans is out or fluid low. Check linkage which is usually on top of trans

1,550

Should have added, when u check long age on trans itself make sure it is moving as u shift inside car.