lovely another problem!

405

Asked by Jan 09, 2013 at 09:16 PM about the 2001 Ford Taurus SES

Went to the store today and tried to start my car..., it turned over as usual but didn't start the first time so I tried it a
second time and still didn't start but third times the charm.., well it was shaking badly in reverse and then even
worse in drive.  As soon as I got out on the road and above 20 the check engine light began blinking. Now my car
sounds bad when it is running idle and even worse when driving.

99,855

Get it to a shop for repair. A blinking check engine light is serious and could damage your engine. Probably best to have it towed - you shouldn't drive it.

25

a flashing check engine light indicates a misfire. start with plugs and wires and see if it gets better

405

What about a coil pack.., I just had the wires and plugs replaced. they are in the right order.

695

Coil pack. Buy the FORD PART. I replaced mine with an auto zone one and it failed twice! The Ford part is not much mire expensive.

405

The Ford part is Motorcraft right? And if they don't have it then would BWD work?

695

Yes, Motorcraft. Just run by your local Ford dealer's parts counter.

405

replaced the Coil pack with motorcraft.., problem still presided.., then I showed my bf and this was at night and he saw a spark in the back of the motor near the center..., spark plug wire was rubbing up against something and it was open so no spark was getting to the plug.., just found my problem.

405

Got spark plug wires and put them on..., still running the same but no check engine light is on??? What else could it be??

695

It's a long shot, but it can't hurt to disconnect the battery for an hour then reconnect it and force the engine computer to reset itself.

405

My bf and I checked the Oil and it was a little of a yellowish tint at first and then when he wiped it off and I took it back out it looked regular but the first time when he still had it on his fingers it smelled like it gas or it smelled burnt to me.

405

Had this theory..., the number three on the coil pack wasn't firing along with number two spark plug wire with a split in it..., if there happen to be gas jamming up against the two spark plugs could that also be something to change and see if it makes any difference?

405

Number two cylinder spark plug wasn't firing. It's fixed.

what is the solution for engine light blinking ?