Heat only blowing through dash, checked actuators, what now?

Asked by Nov 18, 2015 at 12:53 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

Hey guys,

This is on a 2002 Chevy Blazer.
The air gets heated/cooled fine; blower intensity is fine.

The actuator behind the glove box is moving the white plastic arm and the actuator near the gas pedal is also moving the white plastic arm there, so I think the vacuum is ok.  What else is involved in controlling where the air blows?

I can hear a small noise when the actuator behind the glove box moves the white plastic arm past the middle point, like plastic shifting against plastic followed by a very light pop, but then it continues on its path...is this normal?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

25,155

Check the actuator is still connected to the door itself, the door is hinged on a metal rod and the actuator snaps over the end of that rod. It may have come undone. If you can remove the actuator make sure the door swings freely.

Thanks KenF, I've visually confirmed that the metal arm is connected to the plastic piece (that I assume is attached to the door) I see the actuator moving the arm, so I'm sure it can move freely, but I'll take the actuators off and confirm.

25,155

If the door is able to swing freely but the actuator isn't moving it the full range then you likely have a bad actuator. If you can detach it from the rod, leave it plugged in to the wiring harness and change the vent settings and see if the actuator is responding like it should, if not replace it.

Best Answer

Awesome, thanks! I'll be testing that soon.