When i start my car there is a soft squeeling noise. But when i let it warm up it goes away. Anytime i push in my clutch from neutral to 1,2,3 it squeels but when im in 4th and 5th it stops. Some time it squeels but sometimes it doesnt. What should i look for and do i need to replace my clutch soon? I dont drive my car hard and shift at 2,600 rpms. My clutch was replaced by the honda dealer about 8 months ago. Please get back to me!

Asked by Mar 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM about the 2001 Honda Civic EX

165

pressure plate is your problem

replace the power steering belt.

Is the pressure plate expensive to fix or is it hard to fix on my own??? Power steering and belt was just replaced also.

96,205

That soft squealing noise at start up is the serpentine belt slipping due to the alternator charging the battery. Change the belt and the tensioner if it is original --- I would take it back to the dealer for the noises when changing gears. There should be a one year warranty on the clutch job.

"Whenever I push in the clutch'" Pushed in during start? Throwout bearing??

at idle tho H25?

tenspeed is on the right track, bet it's the tensioner bearing, going grindy- causing the serpentine to not stay on track, chafin' the shoulders-

think the clutch is normal. sound is the accesory belt...needs inspection.

165

yea sounds like throuw out bearing

Well yeah, Bob, it spins at idle with petal pushed....in gear or no...

So you think i should just take it to a transmission guy...i know one that does good work for cheap...i just didnt want to spend the money on labor if i could do some of the work myself...or maybe i will just ask him to look at it and see if he can tell me the problem and i will bring it back home and fix it myself....iff it is something to do with inside the tranny then i wont be able to do it

Can you handle the weight of a transmission on your belly? take it to a guy or buy a twelve pack for leonard or whoever local may do your wrenchin for beer.

lol, i dont have any friends that drink...im in aa and just doesnt work out like that anymore. but i will keep my eyes peeled for a few guys working on there car with a 12 pak next to them....lol!!! im just going to take it to one of my buddies that is in the program that does mechanic work.

what is H25?

He is referring to me.

195

I have seen this, it can be caused by a loose belt, a worn tensioner, or any one of the bearings. It can also be caused by a belt that has dried during storage, even though u fitted it new. While its idling, pour a very small amount of water on belt if noise stops change the belt if not its one of the other 2 problems

Best Answer

thanks drnour!!! i will check that out...it never dawned on me to drop a little bit of water on the belt and see if the noise stopped...seriously its crazy cause that is how i used to check my belts...guys i just havent been driving in 12 yrs and now im back on the road and forgot all my mechanic stuff...used to own a 1975 monte carlo...now i own a 2001 honda civic ex 5 speed 4dr