2001 Honda Accord keyless entry

15

Asked by May 15, 2016 at 10:30 AM about the 2001 Honda Accord LX

Please help. When I bought my car a couple moths ago, It came with an Automate key fob. The fob functions like any other keyless entry system. When I locked and unlocked it, there were no beeps, or flashing lights. Yesterday, I was playing with the lock and unlock buttons, and the car beeped. Now when I lock and unlock it, the horn honks. I must have somehow activated the alarm feature or something, because the little red light flashes (it didn't used to, it would just stay solid red.) I want it back to the way I bought it. It extremely annoying, and sometimes I accidentally set off the alarm. Please help, is there a way I can undo it?

13,185

These Anti-theft / Immobilizer systems are such a common issue on so many cars its Unbelievable! I service these none stop! and everyone has its unique SILLY routine to make it behave correctly~~This is A GENERAL BASIC drill...(Later today FOBs) Unlock the car manually. If the alarm remote is not working, use the key directly. Often times opening up the door will stop the alarm. If the driver's side door won't unlock, try the passenger door... Turn on your car. Put the key in the ignition, and turn the car on. If this doesn't turn off the alarm, try turning on and off the dashboard lights a few times. [2] Utilize common tricks. Factory car alarms have some simple reset protocols to help turn off an alarm. Most of the tricks rely on using the key in the door; simply put, a lot of factory car alarms have a door sensor, so working with the door might be the go-to for a quick fix. Put the key in the driver's door and turn it twice to the right, then twice to the left. Then insert your key into the ignition and start the car.[3] Turn the key into the unlock position and hold it for two seconds before opening the door. [4] Disconnect the battery. If the alarm is still sounding after the initial troubleshooting, you'll want to silence the siren as quickly as possible. Car alarms rely on the electronic component of the vehicle, and disconnecting the battery should both silence the siren and reset your alarm. Open up the hood, locate the battery, and with a wrench, remove the negative terminal. Then reconnect it after a minute has passed. Regards LATER today I'm going to put together a list of the WORST Offenders 1. NISSAN no doubt! along with each specific protocol to RESET / disable The JAPANESE systems. Then work into the EUROPE NIGHTMARES 1. AUDI, BMW, MERCEDES, VW PORSCHE etc.

Best Answer Mark helpful
22,305

I had an old 1995 Honda Accord with a "KARR" anti theft alarm on my car.. Something went wrong and the system was "too sensitive" making the alarm system go off at inconvenient times , in the middle of the night, etc.. Well, after a few times, I finally decided to call the alarm company and they sent out a technician "FREE" to help me. They adjusted the system as a public relations gesture, and never had any problems after that... Try calling your systems manufacturer, you might be pleasantly surprised.. Or maybe your problem is so simple, they can help you over the phone... Good luck.