Carburetor Help!!!!

Asked by Feb 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM about the 1967 Ford F-100 Ranger

I have a 67 Ford f100 with a 352 and i just put a rebuilt carb on with 300 miles
on it, and it sounds like the carb isnt getting enough fuel to get out of first
gear. carb sounds like air blowing out. When atempting to drive I have to gear
up early due to no power output. Please Help!!

With the car idling, spray some carb/choke cleaner around the base of the carb to check for a vacuum leak, if idle goes up you have a vacuum leak

73,775

If the carb is not flooding, it may be that the fuel pump is bad, not supplying enough fuel pressure.

Thats what I was thinking but I wasnt sure fuel pump is old. And ill try the carb/choke cleaner too.

New fuel pump is is new carb and filter. Still same problem. I'm guessing its the fuel air mixture. Only thing is I don't know how to adjust it.

73,775

To adjust idle mixture screws. You do it when the engine is warmed up to operating temp. I start by turning one in until you hear the motor start to die down. You then back it out (counter clockwise) until you can get the highest RPM out of it. Do the same for the other idle mixture screw. If the motor starts to get running faster than what the idle should be, adjust the idle screw down to proper idle. You want to check again, turn in until motor dies down, back out until highest RPM, At this point I go 1/4 turn out (counter clockwise) You do the same for the other idle mixture screw.