Replaced fuel pump and fuel pump relay, fuel pump will still not turn on?

10

Asked by Apr 07, 2015 at 08:46 PM about the 2003 Honda Odyssey LX

Checked fuse, replaced main relay, replaced fuel pump and filter, when you turn the key
on, the fuel pump does not run, am I missing something?

24,315

Check the fuel pump shutoff switch, usually located in the trunk. (this is the switch designed to cutoff the fuel pump in case of an accident).

10

This is a Honda Odyssee, no trunk, but fuel shutoff switch? Hmmm? Sounds like a possibility, if there is one on this vehicle. Thanks

24,315

It should be located in the cargo area, behind one of the side panels, it has a big red switch/button on it. It is an inertia switch, sometimes a hard knock can turn it off. Just press the button to reset it. I'm not familiar with Hondas, but that is generally how it is on all cars (standard safety feature). Owner's manual might give you some idea where it's located (if it even has one).

38,205

Check in the rear cargo area. Should be behind one of the plastic panels. You should see a switch with a red button on top. I looked in the PDF version of the owners manual. Can't find anything for an inertia switch. Does your vehicle have the anit-theft with immobilizer? When you put the key in to start it, does the immobilizer light flash continually?

10

No, no flashing light, not sure about anti theft with immobilizer? Thanks for the reply.

64,365

Honda doe,s not have inerstia switch.If you have a chip key,it may be bad,may be you have and nother one to try?

10

Thanks, I was pretty sure there is no inertia switch. It is not a chipped key either, real head scratcher, thanks for your two cents.

64,365

One more thing i will add,1 out of 4 aftermarket fuel pump,s are bad,if you do not here it,then most likely is is the one in the 4.

10

Thing is, first I replaced main relay probably didn't need to. Then replaced fuel pump. It started right up and ran, put less than 100 miles on new pump and the pump went out, figured the 1 in 4 thing, switched pumps, started right up 100 miles later, no fuel pump. Tryed a different pump today, nothing. Figured I must be missing something. Thanks.

64,365

This is mysterious,the only thing that come,s to mind,is the ECM,or bad ground wire to pump,being you run for 100 mile,s and then go,s out.

20

The best DIY video I have found on how to replace the Honda Odyssey fuel pump, saved me quite a bit of money. https://youtu.be/INsNiWuHxeQ

Did you ever figure out the problem? Mine is doing the exact same thing.

Same exact thing happened to mine....and I traced the power leading to the fuel pump, and unplugged and re-connected a wiring harness that was underneath the floor panel... And BAM! Fixed! That's ALL that was wrong! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions....