Accidentally drove with e brake on and now brakes won't work right?

5

Asked by May 05, 2015 at 10:54 AM about the 1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX

I accidentally left my emergency brake on and drove for around 5-10 minutes going about 45 mph. When I noticed my brakes weren't working I immediately pulled over and realized that I had left my emergency brake on. There was an awful burning smell so I let it sit for 5-10 minutes before driving it again.

Before I was able to tap my brakes and my car would stop almost immediately. Now I always have to press my brakes down at least halfway before it even begins to stop. I took it to a garage to have it inspected and see if anything needed replaced. All they did was adjust the brakes, but they said everything else was fine (brake pads, etc.). The brakes still require you to push halfway down before it will stop and even then, it will lurch forward. Any ideas on what could be wrong?>

39,965

Do you have drums in the rear or disc brakes all the way around?