my stereo light on my honda wont come on...is it a fuse problem?

25

Asked by Nov 18, 2007 at 12:48 AM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX

One minute all the lights in my car are fine...I go to a movie, come back, and my stereo light, watch, dashboard buttons...wont come on.  The stereo, radio, CD player still works but the lights do not.  Is this a fuse problem?

i dont think so if fuse was blown nothing would work,i think you may have a light switch gone bad.

48,455

Yes, that's what it sounds like to me. Intermittent contact in the switch.

60

It is not a fuse. I had the same exact problem. I went looking for a faulty fuse, silly me. The previous post was right, "if the fuse was blown nothing would work". I only succeeded at locking everything up since all Honda electrical wiring runs through the radio (lesson learned from 1997 Honda Civic). This is a known problem for 2004 Honda Accord year. You have to take your vehicle to the dealership and get your radio replaced. Make sure you get your new code from the dealership. You will need this when you change your battery (if done anywhere other than a Honda deler). The vehicle assumes its being stolen and renders radio completely useless unless you have the activation code, hense the reason for safe keeping this bit of info. This is what happened to me when I tried switching fuses to find the "trouble fuse", but since the radio and dashboard was completely blank, I coudln't enter the code. If you don't want to have your radio replaced, it can wait. Mine continued working up until I had the GREAT idea of looking for the faulty fuse.

60

10

i have a 2010 honda accord and the display lights have went out but radio plays fine,the washer pump for the windsheid has also stop working.Does anyone know if the radio has anything to do with this?

if your lights go out on your radio column, go to YouTube and see how to fix it with a Circuit Writer Pen.. you have to take the radio out which you get to by disassembling the dash and some of the other shift column parts... if your fix doesn't work then you probably need to get a new radio... the fix worked for mine