Help!!

Asked by Mar 04, 2016 at 07:59 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord EX

Please help I have an 05 accord I have
replaced the timing chain, sprockets,
tensioner, spark plugs, fuel pump and
relay, crank shaft position sensor, starter , I
have checked all the fuses and have
visually seen it in time twice, it's getting
fuel and spark and the car will turn the
motor but will not crank it just spins and is
throwing no codes what else could it be
any advice helps.

18,550

Have a compression test done on the cylinders if rings are bad or a bad head gasket low or no compression in cylinders will cause vehicle not to start.

Best Answer
69,655

Assuming the vehicle ran before you did all this work, try spraying some starting fluid in the throttle body to see if it fires off. It just may be your missing something so that the injectors are not getting power. Just a suggestion

18,815

Do you mean "timing belt"?? See this below. If the timing belt is not on the right sprocket, it will definitely affect performance. Bring your car into your mechanic for a check up. http://yourcarangel.com/2015/06/honda-timing-belt-timing-chain- list/

69,655

Hey Markw, looks like the 3.0L has a belt, but the 2.4L and the 3.89 stroke engines have a timing chain.

It is a 2.4l and I tried the spray in the throttle and still nothing can anyone tell me if the oil pump would have went out could that cause the problem?

69,655

No oil pump has nothing to do with the no start. When you replaced the timing chain, you say you visually seen it in time, would that be the timing marks on the timing chain sprockets and crank shaft sprockets? Rotated the engine and the marks all line up?

69,655

Say Markw you can jump in anytime please.

18,550

I am still waiting on the answer asked by Rowefast on whether or not the vehicle was running before all the work was done or was it the reason the work was done because it would not start.

69,655

So am I...

It was running when I replace everything then the next day it jump time cause of faulty tensioner so I redid the timing and tensioner and gaskets I just did a compression test today and all four cylinders are at zero which someone told me the head is gone

69,655

No head gasket, something happen when the timing jumped. It looks like this may be an interference engine which means the pistons hit the valves and probably bent them. Zero compression on all the cylinders confirms this. Pull the valve cover off and look at the rocker-arms see if there is a lot of play in some of them.

18,815

Take a look at this list, http://yourcarangel.com/2014/07/interference-engines-complete- list/ Whether or not it's worth fixing this aging Honda is entirely up to you. Unfortunately, quality control at Honda really dipped for a period of time and didn't significantly improve until 2011.. If this were a 1995 -1998 Honda, I might have had a different answer, they were better built then. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/

69,655

Markw you found one of my resources...

18,815

Rowefast- Eric at the Car Angel says that the SOHC Subaru Outback 2.5 engines are non-interference engines, while, other sources say they are "interference engines". Do you know which is correct?

69,655

For the Subaru 2.5 SOHC I come up with non-interference. Also I trust Eric the Car Guy. Is Eric-Angel a different guy?

18,815

Sorry, I meant Greg....see this website, I'd like him to be WRONG. I would be VERY pleased to hear that it is a NON interference engine http://yourcarangel.com/2014/07/interference-engines-complete- list/

18,815

Rowefast- well, I found this online as well, so, it looks like you're correct about the SOHC, see this list, http://www.agcoauto.com/content/List_Of_Interference_Engines

18,815

This causes confusion, they both cannot be correct; http://www.scoobyenthusiast.com/subaru-faq/which-subaru-engines- are-interference-what-subaru-engines-are-non-interference/

69,655

Markw, you are confusing me now. This guy has a 2.4L Honda Accord motor, not a 2.5L Subaru motor.

18,815

Rowefast, I'm not trying to confuse you. I understand that the Honda is a non interference engine, but, as you can see from the list on the website, the Subaru engine is supposed to be a non interference engine as well, yet, there's a lot of confusing information on the web about this. Do you know?

69,655

No I don't, When I find a sight with good info in it, I'll tag it for future reference. I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet then.

18,815

Rowefast, I'm going to find out for sure and let you know, should have an answer by Friday evening. Stay tuned.

69,655

Ok, gonna go find a engine to tare into and look? lol.

18,815

I have another method, but, I'll have a qualified answer for us both. Even though I know that I have to replace the timing belt at 105,000 miles or 105 months, I still want to know if an emergency situation were to occur, what's at risk??

18,815

If necessary, I'll send you a private message.---Mark We're kind of off message here on the Honda question and the original poster could delete this thread.

18,815

Rico- sorry, didn't mean to hijack your original question and go off in a different direction, but, it did get this conversation started. As you can see, you cannot trust everything you read on the Internet.

69,655

Right on!

18,815

Rowefast, answer came ,back faster. YES, it is definitely an interference engine.

69,655

Very interesting, So your talking the 2.5L Subaru engine is a interference engine? Remember we a sitting behind our computer screens here...

18,815

Incorrect list- http://www.agcoauto.com/content/List_Of_Interference_Engines

18,815

Correct list- http://www.scoobyenthusiast.com/subaru-faq/which-subaru- engines-are-interference-what-subaru-engines-are-non-interference/

18,815

It's the Wild Wild West out there!

69,655

This is good to know thanks for checking this out!

18,815

Please note that with respect to being "correct", I only checked the validity of the 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5 Four. All others are up in the air on both lists. The source of my information was Subaru of America.

69,655

Mark, so what makes you think this list is right? The agcoauto.com list matches the other source I use that you had found earlier.

18,815

Rowefast, - I'm only speaking for the validity of the Subaru Outback. The acgauto list and Greg, the car angel list incorrectly reports that the SOHC Subaru engine is a non interference engine. This is NOT the case. The 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5 SOHC engine is DEFINITELY an interference engine. The rest of the has NOT been corrected by me. The "Scooby" list with respect to the 2010 Subaru is correct. ---Mark

69,655

I see, the other lists are older lists, with no years mentioned. Thats why the 2010 is different, a redesign with the engine? and so lists out there not updated?

69,655

And I am not able to access the "Scooby list" I get an error.

18,815

Just sent you a private message.

Well over all it was when the timing jumped due to faulty tensioner it did bend all my valves causing no compression of course but Pistons were not damaged at all so I'm just replacing the head hoping for the best thanks for all the info

18,815

Rico- I hope you are planning to replace the bad valves as well, good luck .