How do you remove the roof panel?

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 04:55 PM about the 1990 GMC Vandura G35 Extended

Looking to replace the warped and rusted roof panel on my Vandura, can't
seem to figure out how to properly get it done.

1,785

there should be around 16 mechanical fastening devices around the edge of this panel, using a special tool these can be removed

10

Hey gearhead would you find my question on here and lend a advice hand to me please

Ya and with an electric chisel if you have a opportunity to use one and you have a steady hand.I've used a dremel tool my self took me only 2 hrs. getting out to the junk yard (NO POWER) used a fine tooth hack saw about 5 blades and 6 hours,Did nice and slow also a hand chisel and hammer.Made a cardboard cut out at home from a pontiac it was(1964) got lucky fond a old guy there and he helped me out,tape,felt marker got pretty dirty from the wind.By chance it fit like it was made for it .I soldered it on.Let me add I was only 18 yrs. old at the time. I just went at it like a master only a week ,then a couple weeks smoothing it out from some sloppy work I just made sure no leakage. a friend of mine still has the car and the paint has worn where the mend is hardly would know if you didn't know that was 1987.I would do it better these days I just thought to say it's not to hard at all,just be aware of the supports under there.