My karmann ghia stalls while idoling

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 05:53 PM about the 1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe

Just started my ghia after 3 years of sitting in my garage. It starts right up and
runs fine when I hit the gas.  But whenever I take my foot off the gas it stalls.
What can I do to make it stop stalling so that I can continue the restoration.

25,585

clean and check fuel system/filter...rebuild the little carb...

55

I had a Webber Performance Carb. It had an blade connector on the side of the carb that controlled idling. When it would fall off, my car simply would not idle. This would usually happen when I was in a bad part of time, at night, and at a light. I learned how to dance the throttle until I could safely pull over and slide the blade connector back on. Hope that helps!