2016 vw jetta clutch issue

10

Asked by Jun 05, 2016 at 11:40 AM about the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give me info on why I would be experiencing
an issue with my 2016 VW Clutch

The car has under 2000k miles on it

When I first bought it, the brake vacuum relay failed in under 500 miles and
was replaced.... (i'm also wondering if that is going to cause any issues
further down the road as the vacuum pump relay is attached to engine??)

Currently, I experience intermittent loss of power when shifting from neutral
to 1st:
Shift to 1st and engage gas and release clutch = rpms dip and there is no
power even though gas depressed and then it slowly builds power and
goes,

It is unnerving to have such little response from a new car....

I thought I was getting some weird sticking and grinding with proper clutch
usage too, but that is even more random than the power issue!

Any advise appreciated!

Thanks

227,925

Have the dealer diagnose and fix it, it's still under warranty. No reason for you to lose sleep over it.

10

Hi Tom, Yes, that's the next route, but the problem is there has been a little contention between me and the dealer (wonky sales issues, major issue failure and my requests for dealer to take back car due to dissatisfaction with quality, anyone who suffers a safety- critical equipment failure in under 500 miles use is bound to lose confidence in quality of vehicle). I'm looking for info to be armed with as my impression is the dealer is going to say there's nothing wrong with the car.... They're service department has horrendous yelp reviews, and like I said there was the issues with quality directly after purchase which has led to a less that perfect communication model between me and the dealer! thanks for your post

My car has just under 6k miles (purchased 1.11.16) Jetta Sport 1.8T 5MT. It has issues selecting reverse gear smoothly (which the dealer couldn't "reproduce") and the clutch recently feels a lot "weaker" than it did when I got the car. I think I'm going to be on the hook for a new clutch and flywheel soon, even though I drive it like a grandma most of the time...fun car, just not what I expected from a brand new one.

Are you still having this same issue? I have had mine for 3 weeks and am experiencing a similar nuisance: accelerating from a standstill in 1st gear is unpredictable and uneasy. It feels like the car doesn't want to go, even though I am sure I have found the sweet spot as far as the bite point goes. I've tried less gas, more gas... I end up with gas and clutch down much longer than I think should be necessary. I had an S model for 10 days while they ordered my Sport and while it had the 1.4 engine and different clutch, it was still a dual plate and I got it down within minutes. It felt reliable and fully functional. Would like to know if you found a solution or if I am doomed to deal with this. It's certainly not very "sporty" feeling... (PS - As for shifting smoothly into reverse, it is necessary to briefly shift into a forward gear for a hot second and then into reverse. This has to do with synchronizing the dual plates, which all forward gears will do but not reverse. In the time it takes to shift into reverse, the plates stay synchronized long enough to result in a smooth engagement.)

10

@modernaccord yes itms a shame the clutch shound ever need replacing in a new car without years of use vs poor design/fabrication @Athenian, thanks for the shifting into R tip No, I never found any resolution (it still happens w the AC on and randomly (I think) otherwise .... One of the techs knew exactly what I was talking about when I asked at the dealer but wasn't interested in paying them to diagnose for what seems to be a known issue or because it's a known issue it will aleays be "not able to reproduce" ?! Toyally not sporty, or safe and completely unacceptable Let me know if you ever hear anything, Thanks!!!

85

Hello vw2016Jetta can you tell me what the symptoms were when your brake relay went out? Thanks I have a 2006 jetta not under warranty and I want to pinpoint the problem that I am having with my brakes.

10

Hi Joseph, Tje brake light indicator went on just past 400 miles on odometer, took to ve & they diagnosed. No "symptoms" other than warning light indicator. Good luck!

my son's 2015 Jetta TSI 1.8 bought used in september, one month later the clutch broke at 18000km no more waranty...one month later...5k more...transmission broke. Again, no warranty because they said outside factor is the cause. For the clutch, when your pedal stays engaged and your going up a hill with a car in your rearend, you go up the hill and find a safe spot to park..so it cause to reallyyy burn the clutch, of course. For the transmission, as the clutch broke a month earlier, when you engage and it doesn't work, you want it to work so he tried all the gears, therefore, absuse, they said and was not covered by warranty. We are suing them.